Appium.app 1.3.5, "Cannot find module 'async'"

I download the Appium.app and click on the Doctor button which gives me this error:

$ ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node’ ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/appium-doctor.js’
module.js:338
throw err;
^
Error: Cannot find module ‘async’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:336:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:278:25)
at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
at require (module.js:384:17)
at Object. (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/lib/doctor/ios.js:6:13)
at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:478:10)
at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
at Module.require (module.js:365:17)

I’m new to Appium and all the docs says that I just need to download the Appium.app but it looks like there is something missing. Any ideas how can I fix this?

You’ll want to ask these folks: https://github.com/appium/appium-dot-app/issues

Thanks.

I thought here was the place for everything.

Generally it is. However, if you have a genuine bug, then you should report it to the project developers. See this post. This sounds like a bug to me, because you’re right that the .app should be self-contained.

If you want to take a stab at fixing it yourself, you can try cloning or downloading the async module and copying it directly to /Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/. I’d still report it to the devs though, so they can fix it for other people.

To resolve this I have done following:

1. brew uninstall --force node (it deletes all node versions you have on computer)

2. brew doctor

3. brew prune

4. brew install node

5. npm install -g appium

When all is done type appium in console to see if its going to fire it up