Appium Could not find a device to launch iOs

Hi guys,

I’m trying to test an iOs app on an emulator. But an error pop out in the console each time I tried to run the app (generated with Xcode 8).

I try to launch the app from Appium 1.4 or 1.6 and on different emulator devices like iOs 8 to 10. Always the same error, but something catch my attention, in the logs there is a line where the device is called and he do not correspond to any which is in the list of ready devices to use. Is there any new modification in the method who call the device ?
“error: Could not find a device to launch. You requested ‘iPhone (10.0 Simulator)’”
But my device name is “iPhone7-10”, so strange to me.

I saw on the forum there is a lot of bugs like this past weeks but I fairly new to Appium, and I didn’t understand solutions exposed. If there is any please explain me gentle :slight_smile:

appium.log (10.3 KB)

@PLaStar: Appium 1.5.3 is not supported in Xcode 8 (iOS 10 ) please update the Appium Version

@PLaStar Appium 1.5.3 is not supporting iOS version 10 or above version and there is no updated UI version for Appium yet.

You can start appium using terminal by command appium & and then click on inspector icon on appium IDE. It will launch the appium inspector and you can inspect the elements