Appium-doctor attempts to detect xcode on windows

I’m wanting to continue to use appium-doctor to sanity check my environments, but on windows the

appium driver doctor flutter

ERR! Xcode Cannot determine the path to Xcode by running ‘xcode-select -p’ command. Original error: ‘xcode-select’ executable is not found neither in the process working folder (C:\Users\cb) nor in any folders specified in the PATH environment variable (C:\Python311\Scripts;C:\Python311;C:\Program Files\OpenLogic\jdk-8.0.372.07-hotspot\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY;C:\Users\cb\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools;C:\Program Files\nodejs;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\Tools\gnirehtet;C:\Users\cb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\cb\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\chromedriver\tools;C:\Users\cb\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.11_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python311\Scripts;)

command errors when it cannot find xcode. Is that intentional or can I tell the doctor not to test certain drivers and only check the patient UiAutomation2 driver and Fluttter driver and ignore XCUiTest driver checkup rules for example?

Caveat: I don’t have a Windows machine so can’t test.
I’m looking at the code for this and I’m seeing that Appium Doctor checks for both platforms are called by default in the Flutter driver:

I would recommend that you file a bug on the github repo I’m citing above, which is the Flutter driver repo.

1 Like