Appium failed to run on real ios device with error fetching kdebug events

I am trying to run my test app on iphone 6 (ios 8.1) with Appium, which then throws the following errors:

===================================================
info: Launching instruments

info: [debug] Attempting to run app on real device with UDID 54d4fa9736e6ef9c289a93c53fee5ba6b3821718
info: [debug] Spawning instruments with command: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/instruments -t /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app/Contents/PlugIns/AutomationInstrument.bundle/Contents/Resources/Automation.tracetemplate -D /tmp/appium-instruments/instrumentscli0.trace -w 54d4fa9736e6ef9c289a93c53fee5ba6b3821718 com.tribehr.ios -e UIASCRIPT “/Users/james/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap/bootstrap-60f23230385b0cfa.js” -e UIARESULTSPATH /tmp/appium-instruments
info: [debug] And extra without-delay env: {}
info: [debug] And launch timeouts (in ms): {“global”:90000}

info: [debug] [INST STDERR] 2014-11-24 09:54:25.347 instruments[12220:4103] Error fetching kdebug events

info: [debug] [INSTSERVER] Instruments exited with code 253

info: [debug] Killall instruments
info: [debug] Instruments crashed on startup
info: [debug] We exceeded the number of retries allowed for instruments to successfully start; failing launch
info: [debug] Stopping iOS log capture

info: [debug] Running ios sim reset flow
info: [debug] Killing the simulator process
info: [debug] Killall iPhoneSimulator
info: [debug] Killing any other simulator daemons

info: [debug] On a real device; cannot clean device state

error: Failed to start an Appium session, err was: Error: Instruments crashed on startup

info: [debug] Cleaning up appium session

info: [debug] Error: Instruments crashed on startup
at Instruments.onInstrumentsExit (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-instruments/lib/instruments.js:387:31)
at null. (/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-instruments/lib/instruments.js:308:12)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:810:12)
info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:33,“value”:{“message”:“A new session could not be created. (Original error: Instruments crashed on startup)”,“origValue”:“Instruments crashed on startup”},“sessionId”:null}
info: <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 28293.598 ms - 182

===================================================

The error is what the bold text says - I have no idea what that error means… Can anyone help me with that please? Thank you!!

Hi jamesdeath123,

I am facing the same issue. What is the work around or Solution for this problem ?

Hi Yash, I am very sorry it has been a while since this happened and I cannot exactly remember what is the fix. I think one of the fixes is that I updated appium to latest version. Hope this helps…