Appium not working with motorola g5 plus

Hi, I’m trying to run automation test (appium android) with Motorola g5 plus (android 7) and i got error message :

org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: A new session could not be created. (Original error: Command failed: C:\Users\gilb\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s ZY2246WFXV install “C:\appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk”
Failed to install C:\appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS: Attempt to re-install io.appium.settings without first uninstalling.]
) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 12.87 seconds
Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b1534ae328c771e0856c93e187490ca824’, time: ‘2016-03-15 10:43:46’
System info: host: ‘GIL-HP800G2’, ip: ‘192.168.1.163’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_121’
Driver info: io.appium.java_client.android.AndroidDriver
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:206)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:158)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:678)
at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.execute(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:42)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.execute(AppiumDriver.java:1)
at io.appium.java_client.android.AndroidDriver.execute(AndroidDriver.java:1)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:249)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:131)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:144)
at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:37)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.(AppiumDriver.java:162)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.(AppiumDriver.java:171)
at io.appium.java_client.android.AndroidDriver.(AndroidDriver.java:72)
at core.managers.DriverManager.createDriver(DriverManager.java:95)
at com.telemessage.client.sanityautomation.SanityAutomationTest.oneTimeSetUp(SanityAutomationTest.java:61)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:24)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:27)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137)
at com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:68)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater.startRunnerWithArgs(IdeaTestRunner.java:51)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:237)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:70)

When I try to run with other phones it works fine (samsung J7)

what can be the problem ??

Thanks !

Hi , Which version of appium you are using ? Older versions may encounter this problem on Android 6.0 and above . J7 may be running on lower os version . They’ve fixed it in latest version . If you are already in latest appium then issue must be device specific .

Hi, Thanks for your replay

Im using old version 1.4.16.1. Can you please explain how to upgrade? from where do i take the new version ?

Thanks!
Gil

Hi again. i download Android 1.6.4. it big folder with lot of file and folder… do i need to uninstall my uppium before install the new version ?
How to install thje new verstion ? i cant see install file in the folder :

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Me Again :slight_smile:

In APPIUME site the last vertion is v1.1.1. is this the last vertion ?

Thanks !

Hi ,

Why don’t you install it form github, https://github.com/appium/appium

Current version is 1.6.5

Thanks for your answer !

Dont i need an exe file to install it ?

Nope , follow the steps given in site , It will download required files to your system , Use “where appium” (on windows )command to know file location

The Appium Desktop is an .exe file that you can download.

1 Like

@gilb Same issue i am facing on appium desktop 1.1.1 on Android N 7.0 for Lenovo K6 power.
but works fine with Android 6.0.1

Thanks !!! I will try it :slight_smile: