Appium project stopped working

Hi i had a working java appium project set up in jenkins. It worked perfectly in jenkins trough appiumdocker installed on a pc with a physical android tablet attached to it.
Some days ago I started to see this compilation error.
cannot access org.openqa.selenium.federatedcredentialmanagement.HasFederatedCredentialManagemen
I visited seleium documentation and saw that (https://www.selenium.dev/selenium/docs/api/java/org/openqa/selenium/Beta.html) public interface HasFederatedCredentialManagement is marked as [@Beta].
Im my POM file the java-client dependency is underlined with this warning “Provides transitive vulnerable dependency maven:commons-collections:commons-collections:3.2.2”
what should I do to make my project work again?

1 Like

Same error for me.
The project worked properly yesterday, and today, without changes, the build fails with this error.

Note:
In POM file I have libraries at exact version! (no libraries were auto-updated today).

UPDATE:
I fix it!

The error depends on the latest maven org.seleniumhq.selenium libs (4.11.0).
I didn’t analyze the problem and how to update the project to work with this version, but I understood why the problems occurs from Monday 31; on this day was release the version 4.11.0.

Although I used an exact version of selenium (4.9.1), the latest was downloaded from another dependency io.appium java-client.

So I fixed it by excluding the selenium’s transitive download from io.appium dependency.

<dependency>
   <groupId>io.appium</groupId>
   <artifactId>java-client</artifactId>
   <version>${appium.version}</version>
   <exclusions>
      <exclusion>
         <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
         <artifactId>*</artifactId>
      </exclusion>
    </exclusions>
</dependency>

Then into my local maven repository I’ve only selenium version 4.9.1 and the project works properly.

1 Like

@Petro_B do you works with my solution?

1 Like

I think i solved it with a very similar solution

io.appium
java-client

commons-collections
commons-collections

i modidyed the POM file adding an other exclusion