Appium will not work if used or installed with sudo. Please rerun/install as a non-root user. If you had to install Appium using `sudo npm install -g appium`, the solution is to reinstall Node using a method .. from Jenkins

Hi,

I am getting Appium will not work if used or installed with sudo. Please rerun/install as a non-root user. If you had to install Appium using sudo npm install -g appium, the solution is to reinstall Node using a method (Homebrew, for example) that doesn’t require sudo to install global npm packages. when i try to launch the appium server programmatically from JENKINS… When i run it from intellij , there is no error and works fine …

Work arounds i tried :
1 . Removed node js and appium from machine and installed it from “brew” with out any SUDO…

Here is the code which i am trying to launch appium server programmatically …

AppiumDriverLocalService appiumDriverLocalService =
AppiumDriverLocalService.buildService(new AppiumServiceBuilder().usingDriverExecutable(new File("/usr/local/bin/node")).withAppiumJS(new File("/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/appium.js")).withIPAddress(“127.0.0.1”).usingPort(4723));

appiumDriverLocalService.start();

Can any one please help me …

thank you,
jitendra

when I got this error, I completely removed npm and then installed brew and through brew I installed npm after which I was able to start appium…are you getting the same error after installing node through brew ?