Application is not launching

Hi…

I’m automating an application and at the runtime, it warns me can’t parse package and activity. The application is not launching as well as not throwing any error unless I stop the appium browser.

Following is the log:

Starting Node Server
info: Welcome to Appium v1.3.4 (REV c8c79a85fbd6870cd6fc3d66d038a115ebe22efe)
info: Appium REST http interface listener started on 127.0.0.1:4723
info: [debug] Non-default server args: {“address”:“127.0.0.1”,“logNoColors”:true,“platformName”:“Android”,“platformVersion”:“18”,“automationName”:“Appium”}
info: Console LogLevel: debug
info: → POST /wd/hub/session {“desiredCapabilities”:{“newCommandTimeout”:“7000”,“platformName”:“Android”,“deviceName”:“ZX1B332RW6”,“appActivity”:“SplashActivity”,“autoLaunch”:“false”,“sessionOverride”:“true”,“platfornName”:“Android”,“appPackage”:“com.daamitt.walnut.app”}}
info: Client User-Agent string: Apache-HttpClient/4.3.3 (java 1.5)
warn: Converting cap autoLaunch from string to boolean. This might cause unexpected behavior.
warn: Converting cap sessionOverride from string to boolean. This might cause unexpected behavior.
info: [debug] The following desired capabilities were provided, but not recognized by appium. They will be passed on to any other services running on this server. : sessionOverride, platfornName
info: [debug] Didn’t get app but did get Android package, will attempt to launch it on the device
info: [debug] Creating new appium session ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c
info: [debug] Setting up Android for ‘autoLaunch: false’
info: [debug] Getting Java version
info: Java version is: 1.8.0_20
info: [debug] Appium session started with sessionId ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c
info: ← POST /wd/hub/session 303 294.299 ms - 9
info: → GET /wd/hub/session/ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c {}
info: [debug] Responding to client with success: {“status”:0,“value”:{“platform”:“LINUX”,“browserName”:“Android”,“platformVersion”:“4.1”,“webStorageEnabled”:false,“takesScreenshot”:true,“javascriptEnabled”:true,“databaseEnabled”:false,“networkConnectionEnabled”:true,“locationContextEnabled”:false,“warnings”:{},“desired”:{“newCommandTimeout”:“7000”,“platformName”:“Android”,“deviceName”:“ZX1B332RW6”,“appActivity”:“SplashActivity”,“autoLaunch”:false,“sessionOverride”:true,“platfornName”:“Android”,“appPackage”:“com.daamitt.walnut.app”},“newCommandTimeout”:“7000”,“platformName”:“Android”,“deviceName”:“ZX1B332RW6”,“appActivity”:“SplashActivity”,“autoLaunch”:false,“sessionOverride”:true,“platfornName”:“Android”,“appPackage”:“com.daamitt.walnut.app”},“sessionId”:“ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c”}
info: ← GET /wd/hub/session/ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c 200 6.322 ms - 755 {“status”:0,“value”:{“platform”:“LINUX”,“browserName”:“Android”,“platformVersion”:“4.1”,“webStorageEnabled”:false,“takesScreenshot”:true,“javascriptEnabled”:true,“databaseEnabled”:false,“networkConnectionEnabled”:true,“locationContextEnabled”:false,“warnings”:{},“desired”:{“newCommandTimeout”:“7000”,“platformName”:“Android”,“deviceName”:“ZX1B332RW6”,“appActivity”:“SplashActivity”,“autoLaunch”:false,“sessionOverride”:true,“platfornName”:“Android”,“appPackage”:“com.daamitt.walnut.app”},“newCommandTimeout”:“7000”,“platformName”:“Android”,“deviceName”:“ZX1B332RW6”,“appActivity”:“SplashActivity”,“autoLaunch”:false,“sessionOverride”:true,“platfornName”:“Android”,“appPackage”:“com.daamitt.walnut.app”},“sessionId”:“ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c”}
info: → POST /wd/hub/session/ad740ef7-a722-4841-b0c3-6ada7884fe8c/appium/app/launch {}
info: Starting android appium
info: [debug] Using fast reset? true
info: [debug] Preparing device for session
info: [debug] Not checking whether app is present since we are assuming it’s already on the device
info: [debug] Checking whether adb is present
info: [debug] Using adb from C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe
info: Retrieving device
info: [debug] Trying to find a connected android device
info: [debug] Getting connected devices…
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” devices
info: [debug] 1 device(s) connected
info: Found device ZX1B332RW6
info: [debug] Setting device id to ZX1B332RW6
info: [debug] Waiting for device to be ready and to respond to shell commands (timeout = 5)
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 wait-for-device
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 shell “echo ‘ready’”
info: [debug] Starting logcat capture
warn: No app capability, can’t parse package/activity
info: [debug] Getting device API level
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 shell “getprop ro.build.version.sdk”
info: [debug] Device is at API Level 21
info: Device API level is: 21
info: [debug] Apk doesn’t exist locally
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 shell “rm -rf /data/local/tmp/strings.json”
info: [debug] Not uninstalling app since server not started with --full-reset
info: [debug] Skipping install since we launched with a package instead of an app path
info: [debug] Forwarding system:4724 to device:4724
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 forward tcp:4724 tcp:4724
info: [debug] Pushing appium bootstrap to device…
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 push “C:\Automation\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\android_bootstrap\AppiumBootstrap.jar” /data/local/tmp/
info: [debug] Pushing settings apk to device…
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\software\Profile B\ADT Plugin\x64\sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” -s ZX1B332RW6 install “C:\Automation\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk”

You didn’t set the ‘app’ capability, which should be a path to the apk:

http://appium.io/slate/en/master/?ruby#appium-server-capabilities

1 Like

@wreed - My apk is already installed, and hence I didn’t set path intentionally.

You should have added that to the description of the problem :wink:

Could there be something wrong with your appPackage or appActivity?

Hi.

This problem is solved by resetting my mobile device. Same program worked quite well after resetting. Looks like something went wrong which didn’t let go the process smoothly.

Hi

I met the same problem
And I recreated a new emulator, but it still didn’t work. I have no idea how to solve it.

Probably not the same problem if resetting the mobile device didn’t fix it. Why don’t you start a new topic and include logs of the failure and such so that it will be easier to diagnose?

Same problem here.
Some apps are not launching in my real device.
Same app launches in my emulator.But I want this app to test on my real device.
Please Help!