Can not run automation script on real iPhone device

Hi everyone

I’m trying to run an appium java script on a real iPhone device but I’m having this combination of errors that say it’s not possible to find a provisioning profile and WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app file doesn’t exist. (See the erros below).

The thing is, I do have a provisioning profile, the development team provided me with the necessary certificate and I am specifying via desired capabilities the xcodeOrgId, udid and updateWDABundleId.

It is also important to mention that I am able to build and execute the app in the iPhone by using xcode, in fact, I am generating by my self the app file that later it’s being consumed by the APP desired capability of my script.

I am thinking that maybe it has to do with the fact that I am not enabling the “Automatically manage signing” xcode option while building, and the reason is because if I do that, I would have to provide an apple Id, and I don’t have any.

Any idea about this?

APPIUM ERROR LOG…
No profiles for ‘com.facebook.WebDriverAgentRunner’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘com.facebook.WebDriverAgentRunner’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild. (in target ‘WebDriverAgentRunner’)

WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app encountered an error (Failed to install or launch the test runner. (Underlying error: The file “WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file. The file doesn’t exist. (Underlying error: The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory)))

Build webdriverrunner manually. I never have it worked automatically.

http://appium.io/docs/en/drivers/ios-xcuitest-real-devices/

Follow: Full manual configuration

It was not easy at all, but finally I was able to manually associate the provisioning profile of my iOS development team to the WebDriverAgent project.

The link you sent me says you have to navigate to the appium installation folder, but I had no such folder in my mac files system, so I had to install appium by node console, and then, when I was able to see the WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj file inside of the WebDriverAgent folder, I could finally set the signing configuration according with my provisioning profile.

After that my app was invoked by appium on the real device as well as the WebDriverAgent, however, I had to start appium server by console instead of using the Appium app, because apparently, Appium app does not recognize the WebDriverAgent folder where the provisioning profile configuration is. This leads me to another issue…

Appium app can not build the app because it is not finding the WebDriverAgent, hence, I can not oppen the appiun inspector pointing to my real device, as a result, I have to use an emulator to inspect elements…

Is there any way to configure the Appium App so that it works the same as if I execute appium server by console???

Appium inspector can be attached to any running server instance. Simply execute the server installed from node repository and put its port and address into the inspector to attach to.