Cannot get past splash screen

Hello everyone, am trying to test an android application and have everything set up correctly so Appium is running smoothly on the device. I am currently running python to run the tests. I have been running into an issue where the error I am receiving is

An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Cannot start the 'edr.ppp.hhh.hdhd.abc123.app2' application. Visit https://github.com/appium/appium/blob/master/docs/en/writing-running-appium/android/activity-startup.md for troubleshooting. Original error: Error executing adbExec. Original error: 'Command 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Android\\Sdk\\platform-tools\\adb.exe -P 5037 -s 957X202GK shell am start -W -n edr.ppp.hhh.hdhd.abc123.app2/.activities.EulaActivity -S' exited with code 255'; Stderr: 'Security exception: Permission Denial: starting Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=edr.ppp.hhh.hdhd.abc123.app2/.activities.EulaActivity } from null (pid=22645, uid=2000) not exported from uid 10157.

I follow the link in the error but I do not get a resolution. I also found similar questions on this forum and was told to add AppWaitActivity but no luck
I have added a snapshot of the script below with identifying information blocked out.

pls clear problem. where is it? on driver start or on startActivity?

My apologies, I believe the problem is with the start activity, I can have the app go to the splash screen with the EULA, how ever my attempt to change activities fails as my action is to click the “I accept” button which is in the EULA activity.

so. if app starting correctly and fails “start_activity(someActivityName)” -> go to Android developer. App just does not allow direct start of it.

When you mean Android Developer, you mean android studio? Or the actual developer of the app? Sorry, I am new to this.

actual developer. he/she needs to add permission to start activity. why you need this instead of continue from Splash screen?

I am doing this for a college project and to fulfill internship hours. I am assuming is because the app i’m working with could be proprietary and not directly working with the organization that made the app.