Cannot start Appium server and launch inspector after upgrading to 1.5.2

Appium1.4.13 worked normally on mac system.
Yesterday, I downloaded appium1.5.2.dmg from appium.io and installed to Mac system. Opened it and clicked on launch button using the previous setting. Server didn’t send the correct response. And also, inspector couldn’t be opened.
So I tried to install server via npm install -g appium. Finally I can start appium server normally. But still could not launch inspector. Could anyone do me a favor? Thanks.

Appium log
‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node’ build/lib/main.js --address “127.0.0.1” --port “4725” --command-timeout “7200” --pre-launch --debug-log-spacing --strict-caps --platform-version “8.1” --platform-name “iOS” --app “/Users/Admin/Documents/workspace/Test/apps/Sample.app” --udid “xxx” --show-ios-log --default-device

[Appium] Welcome to Appium v1.5.2

[Appium] Non-default server args:

[Appium] address: ‘127.0.0.1’

[Appium] port: 4725
[Appium] launch: true
[Appium] defaultDevice: true
[Appium] enforceStrictCaps: true
[Appium] debugLogSpacing: true
[Appium] defaultCommandTimeout: 7200
[Appium] platformName: ‘iOS’
[Appium] platformVersion: ‘8.1’
[Appium] app: ‘/Users/Admin/Documents/workspace/Test/apps/Sample.app’

[Appium] udid: ‘xxx’
[Appium] showIOSLog: true
[Appium] Deprecated server args:
[Appium] --platform-name => --default-capabilities ‘{“platformName”:“iOS”}’
[Appium] --platform-version => --default-capabilities ‘{“platformVersion”:“8.1”}’

[Appium] --app => --default-capabilities ‘{“app”:"/Users/Admin/Documents/workspace/Test/apps/Sample.app"}’
[Appium] -U,–udid => --default-capabilities ‘{“udid”:“xxx”}’
[Appium] --show-ios-log => --default-capabilities ‘{“showIOSLog”:true}’
[Appium] Default capabilities, which will be added to each request unless overridden by desired capabilities:

[Appium] platformName: ‘iOS’

[Appium] platformVersion: ‘8.1’
[Appium] app: ‘/Users/Admin/Documents/workspace/Test/apps/Sample.app’
[Appium] udid: ‘xxx’
[Appium] showIOSLog: true

[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 127.0.0.1:4725

[HTTP] --> GET /wd/hub/status {}

[MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args: []

[MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.5.2”,“revision”:null}}

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 24 ms - 83

[MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.5.2”,“revision”:null}}

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 14 ms - 83

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 93 ms - 83

Are these the only logs ?
I can hardly see no errors.

Thanks,
SathyaNarayan

Yes, actually the appium server doesn’t detect the device info. I checked prelaunch application in setting. But the app is not started in device. And I started the app from device manually. Still no response from server.

Did u do an NPM upgrade? Or just the dmg installation.

Could u remove all server args, and just check the server
response

I did npm upgrade. And I could start appium server from command line. And server could respond information. But when I tried to start server via launch button in appium.app. The log is not the same with command line. So I think it failed to connect to server. I need to use inspector to check element. If the server cannot be connected via dmg installation, how can I use inspector? Thanks.

i have this problems:
Doctor

and Inspector

I am having same problem too. It happened after updating version 1.4.13 to 1.5.2

Having same issue, updated npm and node.js as there was issue in appium-doctor. Now i am able to Launch server, but gets stuck after 2016-05-11 19:58:50:663 - [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args: []
2016-05-11 19:58:50:672 - [MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.5.2”,“revision”:null}}
2016-05-11 19:58:50:673 - [HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 10 ms - 83

Please let me know what is the issue, as it was working fine a few days back.

have same error after update to 1.5.2

Appium stuck in :

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status - - ms - -

and Appium Doctor:

Error: Cannot find module ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/appium-doctor.js’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:339:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:290:25)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:447:10)
at startup (node.js:146:18)
at node.js:404:3

Looks like in the current version , this is the bug. So reverted back to 1.4.13 which i feel is stable.
Please let me know if any work around for the latest update of appium.

Does the inspector start the simulator at all? if so, I had a similar issue that was resolved by me immediately clicking ‘OK’ on the notification pop up.

Facing the same problem on installing the new update. Is there a solution for this?

i have the same problem . any resolution ?

[MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.5.3”…
[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 8 ms - 83

[MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.5.3”…

Same issue on my side as well ,
Downloaded latest gui app ver (1.5.3) but cannot launch the server , neither the one which comes with the gui app nor the local one which I have installed locally.

Ive tried to launch iOS / Android and getting the same result on both

Please Make sure do you set JAVA_HOME, ANDROID HOME already?

JAVA_HOME and ANDROID_HOME is set but it did not helped ;/

Same thing happened to me, upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5.3, how do I revert back?

I am also facing same issue for appium version 1.5.3. It does not throw any error but loading below message again and again-

[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/status 200 14 ms - 83

has any one resolved this issue?

This is still an issue!! There are many users experiencing this problem and it is very frustrating to get no response. Any updates?

For now only option is start appium server externally and use Appium inspector to just to inspect AUT.

Appium team is currently working on new project