Can't access to UIATableView rows content - iOS

Hi,
I’m trying to use the inspector to click on one of the cells inside an UIATableView. My problem is that the inspector only recognizes the UIATableView but i can’t inspect inside it, neither it shows on the XML. However, on the UIATableView i can see the quantity of rows as a property of the tableview.

Details:
type: UIATableView
value: rows 1 to 14 of 15
label:
enabled: true
visible: false
valid: true

xpath: //UIAApplication[1]/UIAWindow[1]/UIATableView[1]

Is there anyway to access to the content inside the tableview?

Thanks!

To update, I also checked the accessibility property and all the objects (Table, cells) are accessible. The problem still persists

HI @crisnieto,

Could you please share the XML of your app ?

Yes @sunny_sachdeva , here is the XML from the inspector:

Here i find the issue:

<UIATableView name="Table" label="Table" value="rows 1 to 14 of 15" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/0/1" x="0" y="64" width="375" height="603"> </UIATableView>

Here is the complete XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <AppiumAUT> <UIAApplication name="MyApp" label="MyApp" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0" x="0" y="0" width="375" height="667"> <UIAWindow name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/0" x="0" y="0" width="375" height="667"> <UIANavigationBar name=“Bar" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/0/0" x="0" y="20" width="375" height="44"> <UIAImage name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/0/0" x="0" y="0" width="375" height="64"> <UIAImage name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/0/0/0" x="0" y="64" width="375" height="0"> </UIAImage> </UIAImage> <UIAButton name=“Button" label=“Button" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/0/1" x="8" y="31.5" width="21" height="21"> </UIAButton> <UIAStaticText name=“Text" label=“Text" value=“Text" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/0/0/2" x="155" y="29" width="65" height="27"> </UIAStaticText> </UIANavigationBar> <UIATableView name="Table" label="Table" value="rows 1 to 14 of 15" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/0/1" x="0" y="64" width="375" height="603"> </UIATableView> <UIAToolbar name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/2" x="0" y="667" width="375" height="44"> <UIAImage name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/2/0" x="0" y="666.5" width="375" height="0.5"> </UIAImage> <UIAImage name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/2/1" x="0" y="667" width="375" height="44"> </UIAImage> </UIAToolbar> <UIATabBar name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3" x="-375" y="618" width="375" height="49"> <UIAImage name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/0" x="-375" y="617.5" width="375" height="0.5"> </UIAImage> <UIAImage name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/1" x="-375" y="618" width="375" height="49"> </UIAImage> <UIAButton name="Button1" label="Button1" value="1" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/2" x="-373" y="619" width="71" height="48"> </UIAButton> <UIAButton name="Button2" label="Button2" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/3" x="-298" y="619" width="71" height="48"> </UIAButton> <UIAButton name="Button3" label="Button3" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/4" x="-223" y="619" width="71" height="48"> </UIAButton> <UIAButton name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/5" x="-148" y="619" width="71" height="48"> </UIAButton> <UIAButton name=“Button4" label=“Button4" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/0/3/6" x="-73" y="619" width="71" height="48"> </UIAButton> </UIATabBar> </UIAWindow> <UIAWindow name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="false" hint="" path="/0/1" x="0" y="0" width="375" height="667"> </UIAWindow> <UIAWindow name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/2" x="0" y="0" width="375" height="667"> <UIAStatusBar name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/2/0" x="0" y="0" width="375" height="20"> <UIAElement name="Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top" path="/0/2/0/0" x="6" y="0" width="39" height="20"> </UIAElement> <UIAElement name="3 of 3 Wi-Fi bars" label="3 of 3 Wi-Fi bars" value="SSID" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top" path="/0/2/0/1" x="50" y="0" width="13" height="20"> </UIAElement> <UIAElement name="9:22 AM" label="9:22 AM" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top" path="/0/2/0/2" x="164" y="0" width="50" height="20"> </UIAElement> <UIAElement name="-100% battery power" label="-100% battery power" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top" path="/0/2/0/3" x="345" y="0" width="25" height="20"> </UIAElement> </UIAStatusBar> </UIAWindow> </UIAApplication> </AppiumAUT>

Could you try the below xpath
//UIATableView[@name=‘Table’]

I tested this on Free Online XPath Tester / Evaluator - FreeFormatter.com and it gives me the UIATableView

Hope this helps

@sunny_sachdeva The problem is not the TableView, the problem is that Appium doesnt recognize the cells that are inside the TableView. I cant navigate inside the TableView to select a Cell in the inspector

I might be wrong here but as I see in the xml for UIATableView section, I can not see any of the cells inside it.

That’s the problem. In the actual app there are cells inside the table. The problem is that the inspector is not seeing them.

“The problem is that the inspector is not seeing them.” this could mean what ever inside that UIATableView is not compatible with Appium. IMO, it could be that dev has used some other 3rd party which is not recognised by Automation api

I opened a new issue: https://github.com/appium/appium-dot-app/issues/521

bump on this issue.
I found that this issue is random, running always on the same conditions. Sometimes the inspector does get the cells inside the table, but most of the time the inspector can’t find it, so it’s impossible to automate.
This is what I get sometimes:

Also updated on issue:
https://github.com/appium/appium-dot-app/issues/521

Thats so strange sigh…