Change context from native to webview is wrong

1. issue:
    When change context from native to webview in same Android device:

Androiddriver.context(“WEBVIEW_com.weipaitang.youjiang”);

1. issue:
    I cann’t change context from native to webview when used the chromedriver in 2.23~2.9 version, only the 2.20 version is sucessful.

The screenshot is log when i used the chromedriver version 2.26

android version :7.0
chromedriver 2.26
android system webview:56.0.2924
selenium-java:3.9.1
appium-client:5.0.4

In order to use an older chromedriver (or a different one), you have to download it, and on appium startup use

--chromedriver-executable <path_to_chromedriver>

hi bennid:

1. The first issue, Why do I use the two chromedrivers to read the Android system WebView version ,but them is different?Is it because of this problem that I can’t switch from native to WebView(For example: the chromedriver read the webview is version 53, but the realy version is 56)?
  2. The second issue for you reply, I’ve downloaded most of the WebView versions to try. I check the appium log and confirm that chromedriver version has changed(I used 2.20 to 2.9 versions chromedriver for check this problem).

By the way, My OS is MAC, IT is MAC version’s problem? Today, i used other Android phone, the webview version is “Chromedriver] Webview version: ‘Chrome/61.0.3163.98’”, the chromedriver is "[Chromedriver] (Driver info: chromedriver=2.33.506106 ", but this problem still appears.

thinks for you reply!