Chromedriver issue in Android 7.0 - No Chromedriver found that can automate Chrome '53.0.2785'

Getting below error while automating hybrid app

WebDriverException: Message: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: No Chromedriver found that can automate Chrome ‘53.0.2785’.
See https://github.com/appium/appium/blob/master/docs/en/writing-running-appium/web/chromedriver.md for more details.

environment:
Emulator: Android 7.0 Google play x86
Bindings: RobotFramework (Python)

From some blogs, I understood that from Android 7.0 onwards it uses chrome only for webview related stuff. Chrome version is 68.0XXXX and my chrome driver in appium is also updated one (it can be found under - C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Appium\resources\app\node_modules\appium\node_modules\appium-chromedriver\chromedriver\win)

I request if anyone has solution to post here. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

A look at your Appium logs would confirm this but I am pretty sure you still have a Chrome to Chromedriver version mismatch. If you are absolutely certain you are running Chrome 68 on your device, you need to make sure the Chromedriver on your Appium machine is up to a later, compatible, version (something above 2.38 in my experience)… Your error indicates either your Chromedriver version is somewhere near 2.25 and your Chrome is up to date or, your Chromedriver is up to date but your version of Chrome on the device is 53… but I wont know for sure without looking at an execution log. I do know that when I start using a simulator from the Android dev tools, an update to Chrome on that device is needed.

Download the chrome driver version you need and tell appium where it exists
appium --chromedriver-executable "<path to chromedriver>"

You can let Appium to automatically download the chromedriver version:

appium --allow-insecure chromedriver_autodownload

The above command tested in Appium v1.16.0

Check this video - Original error: No Chromedriver found that can automate Chrome