Closed source apk, automation of a task in android or linux

Haha chatgpt suggested i pose my problem here and see if anybody can help me figure it out. Leviton sure is ham fisted with their app, and i have no interest in attempting to decode the packets it relays over the net or to the app, maybe gpt4 or autogpt can help in a few weeks or something… but in the meantime, it did suggest that appium could help me automate an app so that i can control it with other software, serve as a bridge. There are a few other smart devices that i would like to consolidate this way since it seems simpler.

Can i take screencaps or generate screenshot of the app running and then toss them over to gpt4 so that it can interpret the form, and better automate what is going on if anything changes on followup execution of the app (if it updates or something)?

I don’t really want to go through lists of close source apps and would like to just consolidate everything together, make a more friendly interface.

Another suggestion was selenium, which is web based, that is limited because it cannot toggle the breakers through leviton’s interface. Sometimes i get a cranky smart device and as a fix of last resort i would like to automatically cut power and restart the effected component.

Anybody with any thoughts on this? I see the “software test” angle but i can also see what chatgpt might have been getting at.