Consecutive Appium Java Tests Fail to find any Webelements when I run multiple tests

If I run 2 or 3 tests they will all run correctly, but if I run 5 or more tests, the first test will pass and the rest will fail. Whenever they fail, the app will launch and it will fail to find the first web element it tries to find. I’ve pasted part of my error log below.

I’ve tried changing sockets. I’ve adjusted battery optimization settings to not optimize for my app. Neither of those things have helped.

Environment: MacOS running appium on connected Android OnePlus 5. I am running these as testng tests in eclipse Java environment.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not proxy command to remote server. Original error: Error: socket hang up
Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:17:03'
System info: host: 'Powerleys-MacBook-Pro.local', ip: '<ip>, 'Mac OS X', os.arch: 'x86_64', os.version: '10.15.2', java.version: '12.0.1'
Driver info: io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver
*** Element info: {Using=id, value=

Selenium version from PomXML:

excerpt from pom.xml:

org.seleniumhq.selenium selenium-java 3.141.59 org.testng testng 6.14.3 test io.appium java-client 7.3.0 info.cukes cucumber-java 1.2.5 info.cukes cucumber-testng 1.2.5