Did not get session redirect from Chromedriver

I was able to run my test successfully with 4.4.2 genymotion emulator. But when I update the device 4.4.4 then it is saying that “Did not get session redirect from Chromedriver.”

Please help me.

Coping server log here.

error: Chromedriver create session did not work. Status was 200 and body was {“s
essionId”:“0c89c0fa91a37dd74d134f409c960af6”,“status”:13,“value”:{“message”:“unk
nown error: Chrome version must be >= 36.0.1985.0\n (Driver info: chromedriver=
2.11.298604 (75ea2fdb5c87f133a8e1b8da16f6091fb7d5321e),platform=Windows NT 6.1 S
P1 x86_64)”}}
info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:13,“value”:{“message”:"
An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. (Original er
ror: Did not get session redirect from Chromedriver)",“origValue”:“Did not get s
ession redirect from Chromedriver”},“sessionId”:“4655525f-f82d-47e7-ada7-f2dfdf0
f5153”}
info: <-- POST /wd/hub/session/4655525f-f82d-47e7-ada7-f2dfdf0f5153/context 500
3986.558 ms - 280

@ramshankar_testing,

I am also facing the same issue , Did you get any workaround/solution for it ?

Thanks.

@raghuappium

Look’s like the problem is with choromedriver.exe in you appium directory.

The solution is

1-Download the new chromedriver_dev.exe from https://www.dropbox.com/s/0atboyptulqkn8m/chromedriver_dev.exe
2- Rename it to chromedriver
3- Go to ur Appium\node_modules\appium\build\chromedriver\windows
4- Delete the chromedriver.exe and paste the new download chromedriver.exe

Now you start your testing. It will work.

Thanks,
Ramshankar.

Thanks alot @ramshankar_testing it worked like a charm for me. :sweat_smile:

@raghuappium ,

Have you tried the same on real android device ?

Thanks,
Ramshankar.

Alternatively, you can use the “chromedriverExecutable” server capability to point to a difference install of Chromedriver. I use this as I tend to keep chromedriver up to date using brew

This worked for me using a real device too

@jonhw

Sorry to say that I am not able to understand your point. I am trying webiview context testing but I am not able to see the webview context on real device.It only lists the NATIVE view but in other hand the emulator shows the webview context with same android version.

Why in real device it is failing ?

@ramshankar_testing,
The default chromedrive.exe that comes with appium worked for me ob real device. I haven’t tried your chromedriver_dev.exe on real device.

@raghuappium

Thanks for you reply. Actually I am trying for real device but I am not able to see the webview context on android 4.4.2 devices on the same way emulator does.

Did you come across the situation ?

Thanks,
Ramshankar

I’m also facing the error "Did not get session redirect from Chromedriver ". I have followed the work around mentioned above. I deleted the old chromedriver(v2.9) and pasted the latest chrome driver into that location (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/chromedriver/mac/chromedriver), but again getting the same.

This is my server log:

info: [debug] Available contexts: NATIVE_APP,WEBVIEW_com.sample.test
info: [debug] [“WEBVIEW_com.sample.test”]
info: [debug] Available contexts: NATIVE_APP,WEBVIEW_com.sample.test
info: [debug] Connecting to chrome-backed webview
info: [debug] Creating Chrome session
info: [debug] Set chromedriver binary as: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/chromedriver/mac/chromedriver
info: [debug] Ensuring Chromedriver exists
info: [debug] Killing any old chromedrivers, running: ps -ef | grep /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/chromedriver/mac/chromedriver | grep -v grep |grep -e ‘–port=9515$’ | awk ‘{ print $2 }’ | xargs kill -15
info: [debug] Successfully cleaned up old chromedrivers
info: [debug] Spawning chromedriver with: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/chromedriver/mac/chromedriver
info: [debug] [CHROMEDRIVER] Starting ChromeDriver (v2.10.267517) on port 9515
Only local connections are allowed.
info: [debug] Making http request with opts: {“url”:"http://127.0.0.1:9515/wd/hub/session",“method”:“POST”,“json”:{“sessionId”:null,“desiredCapabilities”:{“chromeOptions”:{“androidPackage”:“com.sample.test”,“androidUseRunningApp”:true,"androidDeviceSerial”:”*******”}}}}
info: [debug] [CHROMEDRIVER STDERR] [0.036][SEVERE]: Could not bind socket to 127.0.0.1:9515
info: [debug] [CHROMEDRIVER] Port not available. Exiting…
info: [debug] Chromedriver exited with code 1
info: [debug] Chromedriver exited unexpectedly
error: Chromedriver create session did not work. Status was 200 and body was {“sessionId”:“7d383c002b8b29a718cb4225a77d3ac4”,“status”:13,“value”:{“message”:“unknown error: Chrome version must be >= 33.0.1750.0\n (Driver info: chromedriver=2.10.267517,platform=Mac OS X 10.9.5 x86_64)”}}
info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:13,“value”:{“message”:“An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. (Original error: Did not get session redirect from Chromedriver)”,“origValue”:“Did not get session redirect from Chromedriver”},“sessionId”:“d798f870-bce5-466d-99c8-15bda4390b10”}

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

I was also facing this issue. your exe worked for me(used with avd). thanks alot.

How do you fix this on a MAC?