I am trying to run Appium Inspector with this configuration:
{
“platformName”: “iOS”,
“appium:platformVersion”: “15.4.1”,
“appium:deviceName”: “iPhone XR”,
“appium:automationName”: “XCUITest”,
“appium:udid”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“appium:bundleId”: “org.reactjs.native.example.SwagLabsMobileAppTests”,
“appium:app”: “/path/to/ipa/iOS.RealDevice.SauceLabs.Mobile.Sample.app.2.7.1.ipa”
}

But I am receiving this message:

Failed to create session. An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not install ‘/var/folders/lt/_mdlsnb96bgf0hh7kbvgbvch0000gq/T/2022315-26820-1fivunw.ewg3/SwagLabsMobileApp.app’: - Unexpected data: {“Error”:“ApplicationVerificationFailed”,“ErrorDetail”:-402620375,“ErrorDescription”:“Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.Lm8V98/extracted/com.saucelabs.SwagLabsMobileApp.app : 0xe8008029 (The code signature version is no longer supported.)”} - 2022-04-15 01:56:43.823 ios-deploy[26985:1574635] [ !! ] Error 0xe8008029: unknown. AMDeviceSecureInstallApplication(0, device, url, options, install_callback, 0)

I reboot my device and I synchronize it again but after all I can’t run the inspector. Can you help me?

Xcode version is probably too old. Here is a list of Xcode versions and the iOS versions they support:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xcode#13.x_series

Hi @wreed my XCode is v13.3.1 image

What version was the app compiled with?

1 Like

This basically means the application under test must be updated by its developers or the newest version of it must be used for testing on iOS 15+ (if exists).