Error: Sdk '10' was not in list of simctl sdks

Hi,

I am trying to run iOS 10 automated scripts in simulator iPhone 5s version 10.While running code getting below error in the appium 1.6 beta and also in the eclipse console.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Sdk ‘10’ was not in list of simctl sdks (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 986 milliseconds
Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b’, time: ‘2016-03-15 17:00:58’
System info: host: ‘Sanchas-MacBook-Pro-2.local’, ip: ‘192.168.0.19’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.11.6’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_91’
Driver info: io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver

In terminal,

Last login: Tue Nov 15 04:20:27 on ttys000
Sanchas-MacBook-Pro-2:~ sancha$ appium &
[1] 8641
Sanchas-MacBook-Pro-2:~ sancha$ [Appium] Welcome to Appium v1.6.0-beta1
[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:4723
[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {“desiredCapabilities”:{“appiumVersion”:null,“platformVersion”:“10”,“automationName”:“XCUITest”,“bundleId”:“com.tradestone.bamboorose”,“browserName”:"",“deviceOrientation”:“portrait”,“xcodeConfigFile”:"/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Config.xcconfig",“platformName”:“iOS”,“deviceName”:“iPhone 5s”,“appPath”:"/Users/sancha/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Bamboorose-aqiykccgduwxmkclcvjvnztracaz/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Bamboorose.app"}}
[MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [{“appiumVersion”:null,“platformVersion”:“10”,“automationName”:“XCUITest”,“bundleId”:“com.tradestone.bamboorose”,“browserName”:"",“deviceOrientation”:“portrait”,“xcodeConfigFile”:"/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-dri…
[Appium] Creating new XCUITestDriver session
[Appium] Capabilities:
[Appium] appiumVersion: null
[Appium] platformVersion: ‘10’
[Appium] automationName: ‘XCUITest’
[Appium] bundleId: ‘com.tradestone.bamboorose’
[Appium] browserName: ‘’
[Appium] deviceOrientation: ‘portrait’
[Appium] xcodeConfigFile: ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Config.xcconfig’
[Appium] platformName: ‘iOS’
[Appium] deviceName: ‘iPhone 5s’
[Appium] appPath: ‘/Users/sancha/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Bamboorose-aqiykccgduwxmkclcvjvnztracaz/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Bamboorose.app’
[debug] [XCUITest] XCUITestDriver version: 2.0.29
[BaseDriver] The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: appiumVersion, deviceOrientation, appPath.
[BaseDriver] Session created with session id: 14372f23-ba82-4b56-9a65-1fdb42de54c1
[debug] [XCUITest] Xcode version set to ‘8.0’
[debug] [XCUITest] iOS SDK Version set to ‘10.0’
[XCUITest] Error: Sdk ‘10’ was not in list of simctl sdks
at getDevices$ (lib/simctl.js:179:13)
at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/es6.promise.js:108:47)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/es6.promise.js:119:28
at flush (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/$.microtask.js:19:5)
at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:420:9)
at process._tickCallback (node.js:349:13)
[Error: Sdk ‘10’ was not in list of simctl sdks]
[debug] [XCUITest] Running iOS simulator reset flow
[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Sdk ‘10’ was not in list of simctl sdks
at getDevices$ (lib/simctl.js:179:13)
at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37)
at run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/es6.promise.js:108:47)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/es6.promise.js:119:28
at flush (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/core-js/library/modules/$.microtask.js:19:5)
at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:420:9)
at process._tickCallback (node.js:349:13)
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 236 ms - 176

Try giving the UDID in capabilities

[If you are still searching for the solution]
I’ve had this issue and found out both on Appium GUI and CLI what I was doing wrong.
Launch the simulator and check which iOS version are they. For me it wasn’t the same - as in on my Capability (platformVersion) I was saying (e.g.) 10.x, whereas my actual simulator was 10.y.

Just changing your platformVersion to match your simulator’s iOS version should do the trick.

When you are using Appium 1.6 beta you need to give the UDID of device …

I am setting up appium with real device.Iphone 6s
As mentioned in the earlier feedbacks, I have udid and platform version in my code.Still I receive error.
I attached by appium server logs and code

Can someone please help me out…

.AppiumLog.txt (8.0 KB)
Code.txt (2.9 KB)

Which Appium Version are u using ?

[XCUITest] Error: Sdk ‘10.1.1’ was not in list of simctl sdks

Go into Xcode and:
Open Window->Devices
On the bottom left, click the ‘+’ sign
You’ll see a new dialog with the title, ‘Create a new simulator’.
Click on ‘OS Version’, and it will show the SDK’s installed. At the bottom of the list is ‘Download more simulator runtimes…’, click this.
You’ll want to add the 10.1 simulator.

Even though you are using a real device, I think it needs this SDK to work properly.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply guys.When I start appium server in cmd prompt … I did not pass UDID ,hence I received the error.Issue is sorted now.

Make Sure You have given UDID in devices capabilities.