Error: Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65

Just getting started with Appium/Appium Inspector, when I was trying to launch the iOS simulator through Appium-Inspector, I got the below error message:

[W3C] xcodebuild error message:
[W3C]
[W3C] at quitAndUninstall (/Applications/Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/lib/driver.js:585:15)
[W3C] at /Applications/Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/lib/driver.js:620:11
[W3C] at wrapped (/Applications/Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/asyncbox/lib/asyncbox.js:60:13)
[W3C] at retry (/Applications/Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/asyncbox/lib/asyncbox.js:43:13)
[W3C] at retryInterval (/Applications/Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/asyncbox/lib/asyncbox.js:70:10)
[W3C] at /Applications/Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/lib/driver.js:600:7
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 31924 ms - 829

Can someone help with this issue please?

What version of Appium?
What version of Xcode?

Hello there,
I was using Appium 1.x via Appium Desktop/Server GUI
And for Xcode I was using version 14.0.1

Ok, I don’t think Appium 1.X is going to work with Xcode 14. Could you try Appium 2?

https://www.headspin.io/blog/installing-appium-2-0-and-the-driver-and-plugins-cli

Just tried with Appium 2 and it worked!!!

Thank you so much.

1 Like