Failed to find scrollable visible parent with 2 visible children

Environment

Appium version 1.6.1
Desktop macOS 10.12.1, Xcode Version 8.2.1
Mobile platform/version under test: iPhone 6, IOS 10.0.1
Real device or emulator/simulator:Real, iPhone 6 Plus

Description:

I am getting the below error when trying to tap on an element . It occurs randomly.

Issue:

ava.lang.AssertionError: Error Domain=com.facebook.WebDriverAgent Code=1 “Failed to find scrollable visible parent with 2 visible children” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to find scrollable visible parent with 2 visible children}

Kindly let me know what this ‘Failed to find scrollable visible parent with 2 visible children’ means and solutions if any.

Thanks in Advance !
Adarsh E M

I have also just started getting this error and also have no idea why. Have you made in progress in rectifying the issue?

@AppiumTester

hey , its been a while I have not logged in appium discussion.

Yes, I am not facing this any more in my framework.

Reason I found : script was trying to access a mobile element before the screen / element navigation is completed which was staying on top of the other element.

I have used proper waits in such a way that script will wait till the other section of the screen is moved. Also I am catching the exception and use it inside a condition like if(e.getMessage().contains("Failed to find scrollable visible ")) in my click action utility and calling the click action again inside the if() block.

thanks and regards,
adarsh