Failed to launch sample app with sample code

Hello,
I’ve setup appium for Ubuntu and python-client, and now I’m just trying to launch sample script from [repo][1]
and when I try to execute script I get error message

WebDriverException: Message: A new session could not be created. (Original error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c java -jar /home/yumbox/.linuxbrew/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-adb/jars/sign.jar /home/yumbox/projects/mobile/ContactManager.apk --override
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:215)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:145)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:154)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:133)
at s.Sign.sign(Sign.java:441)
at s.Sign.main(Sign.java:532)
)

I noticed that apk get removed after I try to executed code(and get error message) I’ve made sure that I have zipalign on folder Android_SDK/build_tools. So I’m not really sure where configuration is messed up, since is a sample code and app.
Is there anything missing on configuration? I-ve created device with specs on script.
[1]: sample-code/sample-code/examples/python at master · appium-boneyard/sample-code · GitHub

Sorry that i am not familiar with python. But maybe i can give you some hints. I am using Java and sometimes i will get this error as well. Please try to kill all the relevant process of Appium and restart appium service.

@wreed , Have you met this similarly error like “A new session could not be created” error before ?

Thanks

Seems a lot like this issue: Android .apk turned into .tmp file but not sure if OP is using multiple devices. Could be that running the signing script first will fix the issue though.