Fixed: Not able to run test cases in iOS simulator [Appium+webdriver.io]

Hi, When I run wdio run './wdio.conf.ts' command and try executing my cases in ios simulator, I am getting error.

An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Unable to launch WebDriverAgent because of xcodebuild failure: xcodebuild failed with code 65. This usually indicates an issue with the local Xcode setup or WebDriverAgent project configuration or the driver-to-platform version mismatch. Consider setting ‘showXcodeLog’ capability to true in order to check the Appium server log for build-related error messages

PS: however I am able to launch appium inspector using appium GUI server in ios Simulator, but running through command line is giving me the above error, please help.

my config:
platformName: “iOS”,
“appium:platformVersion”: “14.5”,
“appium:deviceName”: “iPhone 12 Pro”,
“appium:app”:
“localpath/app/ios/MyRNDemoApp.app”,
“appium:automationName”: “XCUItest”,

using this app for ios testing: Releases · saucelabs/sample-app-mobile · GitHub

** Appium latest(2.3.0) / webdriver.io latest(8.27.0) / Mac - version 11 bigSur / Xcode version: Version 12.5.1 / node version latest (v20.10.0)

Consider doing what’s advised in the above error message. I guess the error happens because the latest xcuitest driver does not support iOS 14. The minimum support one is v15

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @mykola-mokhnach

}

I think; version is fine as I’m able to launch the simulator in Appium inspector, the only issue is running the test cases with command line.

and changing ios version from v14.5 to higher one won’t be that straightforward, ill be needed to upgrade to latest xcode to get a higher ios version for simulator, correct me if i’m wrong.

Can anyone from the community can check and help here, please?

Agree with @mykola-mokhnach. iOS version is too old.

1 Like

@wreed
Ok,thank you! if that’s the case, I will give it a try to upgrade the iOS version, just curious to know, if it is related to iOS version, then why am I able to launch simulator in android studio, and only having issue while running cases through command line, any clue?

Ah! Changed my answer. Appium GUI server is Appium 1, which should work fine with older iOS version.

Oh gotcha, I’ll try upgrading to latest version and will come back, thanks a ton for your response. @wreed

@wreed, @mykola-mokhnach - It works after I upgraded to the latest Xcode, thank you for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like