Getting element not found exception error on editing and sending email field in existing contact

Hello,

I am trying to edit and insert the email field in existing native contact but while doing so I am getting the error “org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchElementException: An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters”.Whereas if I try to create a new contact and send the values to the same element it’s getting executed successfully.

I have verified the element properties using the UI automator in both the cases and found to be same(Refer Image “UI Automator Viewer.png”). Below is the script with which I have tried for detecting the element:

Also I tried to use Appium Inspector on mac but that was also not helpful.Below is the command:

• driver.findElement(By.xpath("//android.view.View[1]/android.widget.FrameLayout[2]/android.widget.FrameLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.ScrollView[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[2]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.LinearLayout[1]/android.widget.EditText[1]")).sendKeys("[email protected]");

It would be helpful if you can look into this.

Hi Mitesh
Following tricks might be useful for you

1. Use Nexus or rooted device with uiautomatorviewer to get resource id and then refer particular element as follow
    AppiumDriver driver;
    driver=AndroidDriver(urlObject,capabilitiesObject);
    MobileElement mobileElementEmail=(MobileElement) driver.findElemenetById(“YOUR RESOURCE ID”);

List<WebElement> elementsList=driver.findElementsByClassName("android.widget.EditText");
	for(WebElement webElement: elementsList)
	{
		if(webElement.getText().equals("Email"))
		{
			//do your work
		}
	}
  1. Besides this ensure that your device snapshot is clearly visible while testing , it might be hampered by keyboard or any other opaque message or translucent elements.

Thanks Jimit for the reply.

I tried implementing the suggested solutions but was still facing the same issue.Below are the issues which I faced during the implementation of solutions:

1. Use Nexus or rooted device with uiautomatorviewer to get resource id and then refer particular element as follow:Unable to find resource id from Nexus device also.Refer to the below attached image:

2. Still facing the same issue i.e.if I create new contact script is getting executed successfully but when I tried to update the existing contact, script got failed while using sendkeys command to email field

3. Here I have already tried using driver.hideKeyboard() command before the step where script is getting failed

2nd case works fine for me not getting your problem here, I could help you out if you describe more or show your element accessing here.