How to get Appium 1.7.2 to target a real iOS device vs a simulator device

I am running on Appium 1.7.2 and using a iPhone 6s on 11.2.5 OS. I am trying to create a simple test to target a real iOS device vs a simulator but each time I run the code Appium/xCode will open a simulator and use that instead of the real device.

How do I get appium to use the real device. I have tried supplying the UUID of the device without luck.

Thank you,

Gradle

compile group: 'io.appium', name: 'java-client', version:'6.0.0-BETA2'
    compile group: 'org.seleniumhq.selenium', name: 'selenium-server', version:'3.8.1'
    compile group: 'org.seleniumhq.selenium', name: 'selenium-remote-driver', version:'3.8.1'
    compile group: 'org.seleniumhq.selenium', name: 'selenium-java', version:'3.8.1'

Java Code

DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
        capabilities.setCapability("platformName", "iOS");
        capabilities.setCapability("deviceName", "iPhone 6s");
        capabilities.setCapability("platformVersion", "11.2");
        //capabilities.setCapability("app", "https://s3.amazonaws.com/appium/TestApp8.4.app.zip");
        capabilities.setCapability("browserName", "Safari");
        capabilities.setCapability("uuid", "26deaa8eb5003b3d56a561ada2fcff2174b00df1");
        capabilities.setCapability("deviceOrientation", "portrait");
        capabilities.setCapability("browserName", "safari");
        capabilities.setCapability("automationName", "XCUITest");

you are trying to run appium programmatically ?

Yes

Do I have to register and pay for a developer account to have it work?

If you have your developer account, then you don’t have to pay specially for Appium

Why would I have to pay for appium its open source?

Do you have a tutorial or example of setting up a ios device on appium in java? I dont see how these requirements are different. In android you just setup the deivce you want to target from adb. I would assume it is the same type of process but with xcoxe and instrument.

I have already said that you don’t have to pay for appium
and you are right earlier it was same as android, but now we have to use webdriver agent.
give me your skype id, I will send a document to you.