How to open appium and start the server programatically using c# in Mac Platform

Please tell me how to start appium by writing a code which will start the server automatically before the test can actually begin.I am using Mac platform . I tried using the process.start("\applications\appium.app"); . This launches the appium but the server is not started. please help me

Hello,

My information in Mac OS is kinda limited, but I will try to help as much as I can.

Starting the application won’t help you at all as it won’t start the server. You need to try the following command:

process.start(“/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node /Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/bin/appium.js”);

This is supposed to start the Appium server with the default server arguments. Give it a try and let me know how it works.

Hi @Hassan_Radi thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how can i launch simulator with my app please? should i specify server flags and arguments? how can i do it ?

Appium will launch your simulator automatically. If you want to start it programmatically , use process.start with the commands found here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26031601/xcode-6-launch-simulator-from-command-line