How to running Appium with Genymotion... many issues block me

1. If launch appium with appium app. it will be told me “error: Unable to start Emulator: PANIC: Could not open: GN7”
  2. If launch appium with “appium --avd GN7” in terminal, same error info will be show…

so, how to running appium with Genymotion??

i checked this Use Appium 1.3.0 with Genymotion, and then launch Appium server with “–avd GN7” option, but it not worked…

plz help me for this problem, im crazy now :frowning:

Hi @Fino,
In that thread @rgonalo said that you need to run appium without the --avd option, and run the genymotion emulator in another command.
You can create a script to run it using player inside genymotion application.
/PATH to Genymotino/player --vm-name “Emulator name”

Thanks man,

But how to do that? have some e.g. code?

@Fino,
Check this link1 and this link2.
It depends on which OS and environment you are using, if you provide more information would be easier to identify the others problems you might have.
So, when you are using genymotion you must remove the Emulator option within the Appium app, otherwise it wont work.
Here’s an example:

1. Manually start the genymotion emulator
  2. Start Appium app (i think you must be using the GUI)
  3. Go to Android option, and disable the Launch device section
  4. Now try to launch the Appium
2 Likes

@Massanori_Takaki
It worked! Thx!!! :smile:

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: It works…

Hi, my Genymotion emulator launch but the app doesn’t install into the simulator.
I have to get following error

info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:33,“value”:{“message”:“A new session could not be created. (Original error: Command failed: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "C:\SDK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe -s adb server version (32) doesn’t match this client (36); killing…\r wait-for-device"\nerror: could not install smartsocket listener: cannot bind to 127.0.0.1:5037: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. (10048)\r\ncould not read ok from ADB Server\r\n* could not start server \r\n)",“killed”:false,“code”:4294967295,“signal”:null,“cmd”:“C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "C:\SDK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe -s adb server version (32) doesn’t match this client (36); killing…\r wait-for-device"”,“origValue”:"Command failed: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "C:\SDK\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe -s adb server version (32) doesn’t match this client (36); killing…\r wait-for-device"\nerror: could not install smartsocket listener: cannot bind to 127.0.0.1:5037: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. (10048)\r\ncould not read ok from ADB Server\r\n could not start server *\r\n”},“sessionId”:null}

info: ← POST /wd/hub/session 500 18424.703 ms - 1262