How to skip UiObject.clearText() step? Is there a way to skip this step? I am having issue with this function and when i run my script is failing

I suspect this is a bug in appium. when I run script, it works fine till the click and fails at sendKeys. I observed when ever sendKeys used appium attempts to clear Text field using UiObject.clearText(). That’s where the problem occurrs, the App which I am using EditText field having background Label. I believe, it tries to clear the Label and fails to clear it and displays as error from server side. Could anyone please look into it and Reply to me. Below is the Script and appium log. The App which I am using developed in Xamarin forms.

Script:
WebElement UN = driver.findElement(By.name(“Username”));
UN.click();
UN.sendKeys(“SYS”);

Below is the appium log file:
> info: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Attempting to clear using UiObject.clearText().
> info: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Returning result: {“status”:13,“value”:“Unknown error clearing text”}
> info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:13,“value”:{“message”:“An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command.”,“origValue”:“Unknown error clearing text”},“sessionId”:“d8c68714-20a0-4f91-8737-72f50fd186fb”}
**> info: <-- POST /wd/hub/session/d8c68714-20a0-4f91-8737-72f50fd186fb/element/1/clear 500 107.457 ms - 196 **
> info: --> DELETE /wd/hub/session/d8c68714-20a0-4f91-8737-72f50fd186fb {}
> info: Shutting down appium session