I was unable to open app in real device iPhone 5s and version is 9.3.5

info: [debug] Using local app from command line: /Users/setup/Desktop/Payload/SimpleTalk.app

info: [debug] Creating new appium session 09ed331a-820f-4737-b132-45826b8f8ead

info: [debug] Removing any remaining instruments sockets

info: [debug] Cleaned up instruments socket /tmp/instruments_sock

info: [debug] Auto-detecting iOS udid…

info: [debug] Not auto-detecting udid, running on sim

info: [debug] Could not parse plist file (as binary) at /Users/setup/Desktop/Payload/SimpleTalk.app/en.lproj/Localizable.strings

info: Will try to parse the plist file as XML

info: [debug] Could not parse plist file (as XML) at /Users/setup/Desktop/Payload/SimpleTalk.app/en.lproj/Localizable.strings

warn: Could not parse app Localizable.strings assuming it doesn’t exist

info: [debug] Getting bundle ID from app

info: [debug] Parsed app Info.plist (as binary)

info: [debug] Creating instruments

info: [debug] Preparing uiauto bootstrap

info: [debug] Dynamic bootstrap dir: /Users/setup/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap

info: [debug] Dynamic env: {“nodePath”:"/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node",“commandProxyClientPath”:"/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/submodules/appium-uiauto/bin/command-proxy-client.js",“instrumentsSock”:"/tmp/instruments_sock",“interKeyDelay”:null,“justLoopInfinitely”:false,“autoAcceptAlerts”:false,“autoDismissAlerts”:false,“sendKeyStrategy”:“grouped”}

info: [debug] Dynamic bootstrap code: // This file is automatically generated. Do not manually modify!

info: [debug] Dynamic bootstrap path: /Users/setup/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap/bootstrap-5923cadea0343e3f.js

info: [debug] Reusing dynamic bootstrap: /Users/setup/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap/bootstrap-5923cadea0343e3f.js

info: [debug] Attempting iOS device log capture via libimobiledevice idevicesyslog

warn: Could not capture logs from device. Continuing without capturing logs.

error: Log capture did not start in a reasonable amount of time

info: [debug] Creating iDevice object with udid

error: Could not pre-launch appium: Error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c ideviceinstaller -u -i /Users/setup/Desktop/Payload/SimpleTalk.app

No iOS device found, is it plugged in?

info: [debug] App is not installed. Will try to install the app.

info: [debug] Cleaning up appium session

I an have done couple of things for this
-> Cleaning the devices logs
–> I trired this command
–> ideviceinstaller -u -i /Users/setup/Desktop/Payload/SimpleTalk.app
I got No iOS device found, is it plugged in?

I have couple of observations which i found

–> iPhone is not activated contact your carrier ( because of the issue appium may not run ?)
–> Xcode 7.3 appium 1.5.3
–> I think the app is build xcode 8 but we are using xcode 7.3. Due to this app will work or not in appium ?
–> I checked .app in that embedded.mobileprovision file i find the UDID in that. I think its enough that the app is bulid with developer certificate

Is there anything to do apart from these.

Can anyone help me at the earliest.

Exactly right. The device will not be accessible by the computer until you activate it. I have been able to activate some idevices over wifi, and others I have put in a good sim, activated, and then removed the sim later for some other use. iDevice will still be usable.

thanks wreed for the quick response. If iPhone is not activated then it may run right?

No, you’ll need to activate the phone to run your tests. You’ll also need to enable ‘UI Automation’ under Settings->Developer Mode after it’s activated.

Wreed,

One more thing I need to check with you,

I am using xcode 7.3, appium 15.3 and iPhone 9.3.5. Is that appium support for these all.

why because I getting same issue (No iOS device found, is it plugged in?) I have taken a other device and tired still getting same can you help me on this.

Rameshkvv,

Do you have the ios-webkit-debug-proxy enabled? If you don’t, appium generally won’t recognize the “iDevice”. You can install it easily using homebrew: brew install ios-webkit-debug-proxy.

You will then need to run it from terminal using a command like ios-webkit_debug_rpoxy -d -c [put your udid here without the brackets]:27753

Hi cauthon,

Is ios_webkit_proxy is required install for native apps? .
I worked on safari native app for that ios_webkit_proxty is required.
Whether native app is required to start ios_webkit_proxy.
Please reply me earliest.

I do not believe is required for a native app, however it is required for hybrid apps. Another thing you might check is you have your device’s udid specified correctly in the Appium server capabilities.

Hope that helps.