Input_text is not working on android

While using input_text in custom library, i am getting this error : [debug] [MJSONWP] Bad parameters: BadParametersError: Parameters were incorrect. We wanted {“required”:[“value”]} and you sent [“text”,“sessionId”,“id”,“value”]

Can someone help me in fixing this issue. Please let me know if you need code snippet for reference.

Hey @trepository,
Can you show the code snippet where this error occurs? Because you might not be using appropriate findBy method or locator id.

Got the same error. I am using Appium via Robot Framework and I was using Input text with following locator:
xpath=//android.widget.EditText[@resource-id=“id/et_login”]
I used the same locator to click on the element and it worked.

I’ve got the same error. But clicking on element didnt solve my problem. Looks like a bug to me

My code:
self.wait_for_element(By.XPATH, “//android.widget.EditText[@resource-id=‘id/et_phone_number’]”).send_keys(f"{phone}\n")

@sachin925

To get it right… Clicking on the element worked (so the locator should be ok), but input_text still did not work. Seems as a bug to me too.

What version of selenium webdriver do you use? I’ve recently updated selenium client. My current version is 3.3.3

Confirmed. I’ve downgraded to Selenium 3.0.0 and it worked again.

Thanks. The same case… 3.3.3 downgraded to 3.0.0 and it works.
Nevertheless it means it is a bug in 3.3.3

my selenium version is 3.3.3. So from from Nikita and Naovy’s replies, it looks like a issue with selenium webdriver.

Downgrading selenium to 3.0.0 is working fine. Thank you Nikita and Naovy’s for the inputs.

@trepository
Can I ask you, how to downgrade selenium?

I didn’t found, how is selenium installed, so I don’t know, where change require version.

I fix it with update dependency to webdriverio in package.json

“webdriverio”: “4.6.2”