Installation issue

I’m trying to get appium working for the mac, and having some issues. I’m using the OSX app, which claims to be version 1.5.3 of the app , but when I query the appium version it’s version 1.6.4, and none of the packages seem to want to update.

I’m getting the following issue:

Launching Appium with command: ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node’ appium/build/lib/main.js --pre-launch --debug-log-spacing --platform-version “10.2” --platform-name “iOS” --app “/Users/seanlamont/development/SaTools/appium/node_modules/ios-uicatalog/build/Release-iphonesimulator/UICatalog-iphonesimulator.app” --full-reset --show-ios-log --calendar “gregorian” --device-name “iPhone 6” --language “en” --locale “en_US” --orientation “Portrait” --isolate-sim-device

Error: Cannot find module ‘appium-android-driver’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:339:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:290:25)
at Module.require (module.js:367:17)
at require (internal/module.js:16:19)
at Object. (lib/appium.js:6:48)
at Module._compile (module.js:413:34)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:422:10)
at Module.load (module.js:357:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:314:12)
at Module.require (module.js:367:17)
at require (internal/module.js:16:19)
at Object. (lib/main.js:13:39)
at Module._compile (module.js:413:34)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:422:10)
at Module.load (module.js:357:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:314:12)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:447:10)
at startup (node.js:146:18)
at node.js:404:3

Strictly speaking, I don’t need the android driver, since I’m trying to test for IOS, but when I run the doctor, it seems to only warn me about android-related stuff.

I’m not actually clear about whether the standalone .app has a different version of appium embedded from the one that’s installed. I’m confused about this error, and also about the versioning. Why if I’m running 1.6.4 version does my mac app call itself 1.5.3 - is this just representing the version of the shell that’s built around 1.6.4, or is there somehow a separate version that’s private to the .app wrapper?

In any case, I can’t get the most rudimentary thing to lauch.

Thanks.

You should try uninstalling that old 1.5.3 UI and install the latest Appium-Desktop app…