Instpector doesn't work after update to 2.0

Hi there,

Just a week ago, when I used appium 1.4, the inspector woked fine, but after the update it does not work anymore.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>appium --use-plugin=appium-dashboard
WARN Appium Appium encountered 7 warnings while validating drivers found in manifest C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules.cache\appium\extensions.yaml
WARN Appium Driver “xcuitest” has 1 potential problem:
WARN Appium - Driver “xcuitest” (package appium-xcuitest-driver) may be incompatible with the current version of Appium (v2.0.0-beta.71) due to its peer dependency on older Appium v2.0.0-rc.2. Please ask the developer of appium-xcuitest-driver to update the peer dependency on Appium to v2.0.0-beta.71.
[Appium] Attempting to load plugin appium-dashboard…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring plugin at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-dashboard
[ADB] Found 2 ‘build-tools’ folders under ‘C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk’ (newest first):
[ADB] C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/build-tools/34.0.0-rc4
[ADB] C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/build-tools/30.0.3
[ADB] Using ‘adb.exe’ from ‘C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’
[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -P 5037 start-server’
[Appium] Welcome to Appium v2.0.0-beta.71
[Appium] Non-default server args:
[Appium] {
[Appium] usePlugins: [
[Appium] ‘appium-dashboard’
[Appium] ]
[Appium] }
[Appium] Attempting to load driver uiautomator2…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-uiautomator2-driver
[Appium] Attempting to load driver xcuitest…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-xcuitest-driver
[Appium] Attempting to load driver mac2…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-mac2-driver
[Appium] Attempting to load driver espresso…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-espresso-driver
[Appium] Attempting to load driver safari…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-safari-driver
[Appium] Attempting to load driver gecko…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-geckodriver
[Appium] Attempting to load driver chromium…
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at C:\Users\User.appium\node_modules\appium-chromium-driver
[appium-dashboard] Dashboard plugin is enabled and will be served at http://localhost:4723/dashboard
[appium-dashboard] If the appium server is started with different port other than 4723, then use the correct port number to access the device farm dashboard
(node:8608) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 exit listeners added to [process]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:4723
[Appium] Available drivers:
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘UiAutomator2’)
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘XCUITest’)
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘Mac2’)
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘Espresso’)
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘Safari’)
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘Gecko’)
[Appium] - [email protected] (automationName ‘Chromium’)
[Appium] Available plugins:
[Appium] - [email protected] (ACTIVE)
[Appium] - [email protected]

The appium server works well and it also accept the test code
but when I try to use the inspector it says like this

“Failed to create session. The requested resource could not be found, or a request was received using an HTTP method that is not supported by the mapped resource”

the server also got the json but it does not work.

[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session
[HTTP] {“capabilities”:{“alwaysMatch”:{“appium:automationName”:“UiAutomator2”,“platformName”:“Android”,“appium:platformVersion”:“13”,“appium:ensureWebviewsHavePages”:true,“appium:nativeWebScreenshot”:true,“appium:newCommandTimeout”:3600,“appium:connectHardwareKeyboard”:true},“firstMatch”:[{}]},“desiredCapabilities”:{“appium:automationName”:“UiAutomator2”,“platformName”:“Android”,“appium:platformVersion”:“13”,“appium:ensureWebviewsHavePages”:true,“appium:nativeWebScreenshot”:true,“appium:newCommandTimeout”:3600,“appium:connectHardwareKeyboard”:true}}
[debug] [HTTP] No route found for /wd/hub/session
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 404 8 ms - 211
[HTTP]

I also tried things below but all didn’t work

1. access to other IPs like 127.0.0.1
  2. –allow-cors command for the server
  3. a statics IP p static port and try to access with the inspector.

I am suspecting the content of the desired capabilities but cannot catch a clue.
Could you give me some advice for this?
Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the link.
Yes, I got it already. It just does not work anymore due to the issue.

No route found for /wd/hub/session.
From the link I posted:

Note The default remote server path has changed from /wd/hub to / to reflect Appium 2.0’s default server path. If you’re using Appium Inspector with an Appium 1.x server, you’ll likely need to update the path information in the New Session form back to /wd/hub .

1 Like

I really appreciate your clarification!
I wasted a day for this.

I’m sorry that you lost a day. Reading the documentation should always be priority #1.

1 Like