Instruments crashes if accessibility of UITableView isn't set

I’m working with Appium for iOS automating testing.

My problem is that instruments crashes on one app-view with this error messsage:

: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘-[UITableViewCellAccessibilityElement superview]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x18f8abf0’

In this view is an UITableView with other UITableViews in it. If i set the accessibility of the inner tableViews, the app didn’t crashes but i can’t see the cells inside the inner tableViews. if i set accessibility for the cells or their content the app crashes.

Other views of the app can be used with Appium. It’s not an Appium Bug, if i use the Accessibility Inspector from Xcode it crashes on same place with same error. The App does not crash if you use it without Appium or Accessibility Inspector. It’s an App of a company, so i can’t show you code snippets.

Thanks in advance.

UiAutomation is built on the accessibility API, which explains why the crashes only occur during tests.

However, you never asked a question. What do you need help with?

My question is how to get full visibility in this view. i thougt not setting visibility should make views Not visible for instruments, but why is it crashing when the inner tableviews dont have accessibilitys set. In other views the key was to set the accessibility of the content of tableviews and not the tableview itself.

UPDATE:
Instruments does not crash if there are only five inner UITableviews and i have full visibility.
Seems like an instruments performance issue.

Now it works fine if i set device orientation to Landscape.
that’s ok for me, but does someone know what’s the reason for this behaviour?