IOS(Appium) + Maven+Jenkins issue

Hi All,

I am trying to run my maven project(IOS) using Jenkins, but I was not able to run the same.

I was able to run Maven Project(Android) using Jenkins successfully but facing a problem with IOS. Every time I am getting issues with POM.Xml file.

Getting this error on console output page :

Started by user admin
Building in workspace /Users/Shared/Jenkins/Home/workspace/IOS
Parsing POMs
ERROR: No such file /Users/amit/Documents/workspace/b…y.ios.com/pom.xml
Perhaps you need to specify the correct POM file path in the project configuration?
Finished: FAILURE

Can anybody please help me, I am placing the POM.XML same location in Jenkins as i was placing at the time of running android app.

Regards,
Sanjay

how you start your project in command line?

@Aleksei I am running my maven project from command line using Goals

MVN clean test

and its running fine from command line but the problem I am facing when I am running from Jenkins using pom.xml file

@Sanjay_Sharma that is correct. now how Jenkins configured? Is it slave where you running code? Who you getting test code - git pull?

before starting tests check put before:

ls
pwd
mvn clean test

check output to see that you are in correct folder

@Aleksei I am running jenkins from my local machine and the output of all the commands is correct, the only problem is with the complete path which I am giving for POM.XML in jenkins.

Need to provide relative or absolute path?

@Sanjay_Sharma i did not understand where are you going to provide path to “pom.xml” ? “pom.xml” is in core folder of your tests.in same folder your are giving “mvn clean test”.

example of some test project - https://screencast.com/t/zIy2MTMcSh see pom.xml is in core folder of “GoogleTest”. in Same folder you should start tests.

@Aleksei see this attached screenshot, where I want to give the complete pom.xml path in jenkins.

http://www.screencast.com/t/cxjHH2Xd

ok i got your idea. you DO NOT want to get code in “JENKINS JOB” workspace but want to start tests in your current folder.

i suggest to replace “build” step build “execute shell”. in step add two lines:

cd navitate_to_the_folder_where_the_code_is
mvn clean test

Hello,

Keep the path of our pom.xml like this my-project/pom.xml
under Root POM under “Build”
Thanks,
Amarnath Rayudu

@AmarnathRayudu

I am doing the same, see the below screenshot for the error I am getting.

I tried relative path as well as absolute path both in ROOT POM under build. The same format when i was giving to run android app, the same path was working but i don’t know why it is not working in case of IOS.

Thanks,
Sanjay

@Sanjay_Sharma your jenkins workspace is in different path. try mine suggestion execute in shell with navigating to needed folder first.

Hi,

I have faced the exact issue when running the maven project from jenkins.

Steps:
1.Before giving the project pom.xml in jenkins. please change the user permissions of your project to jenkins using the command in terminal(sudo chown -R jenkins:jenkins ProjectFolderName)

2.Then build your project from jenkins.

Please do not use absolute path … just start from my-project/pom.xml. You can pm me if needed.
The below one works for me.

@Aleksei I tried your solution also but same issue.

@AmarnathRayudu I tried this also, I will give one more try for this.

Thanks

you can pm me if needed @ [email protected]

Correct indeed. In execute shell option, we can specify the project_directory to be cd’ed.

Can you kindly ping the absolute path of the project here. It seems that you’ve included the path as /Users/amit/Documents/workspace/<some.ios.com>/pom.xml. Please double verify the absolute path of the pom.xml.

I assume the correct path would be - /users/amit/documents/workspace/root-folder-of-project/pom.xml.

Or kindly set PROJECT_HOME value in the jenkins config page pointing to project_home and use the same variable to get the pom.xml i.e $PROJECT_HOME/pom.xml

Hope this helps !!!

@Karthik_Sriharsha it is all working for me in jenkins :slight_smile: . i run just as “mvn clean…” cause i pull from git mine code into jenkins job workspace (not as @Sanjay_Sharma does)

Sorry !!! Forgot to add – @Sanjay_Sharma after the first line :slight_smile:

@Aleksei : Everything works fine for you :slight_smile:

@Aleksi Today I created freestyle project and under Add build step I passed my this command by choosing Execute Shell

cd /Users/username/Documents/workspace/bttt.ios.com/pom.xml
mvn clean test

I tried with this also

cd /Users/username/Documents/workspace/bttt.ios.com
mvn clean test

but everytime I got this

Started by user admin
Building in workspace /Users/Shared/Jenkins/Home/workspace/freemaven
[freemaven] $ /bin/sh -xe /Users/Shared/Jenkins/tmp/hudson1522376976023982097.sh

• cd /Users/username/Documents/workspace/bttt.ios.com/pom.xml
    /Users/Shared/Jenkins/tmp/hudson1522376976023982097.sh: line 2: cd: /Users/username/Documents/workspace/bttt.ios.com/pom.xml: Not a directory
    Build step ‘Execute shell’ marked build as failure
    Finished: FAILURE

Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Sanjay