IOS device pushfile

Need help in pushing files to real IOS device.
What all things should I install before pushing file.
Please help me with path for pushfile as I tried many and none of them worked.

mykola-mokhnach
Aleksei please help me in this

For Appium 1.15.0 and newer no additional dependencies are needed to push files to and from the device

@KJAbhilash https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/9827 per @mykola-mokhnach implemented ONLY for Simulator

Not really, it also works on real devices now. Also one does not need to install ifuse since Appium 1.15

@mykola-mokhnach then it will be nice to add such test into java-client :slight_smile:

Of course it would be… if one could find any CI service, that provides access to real mobile devices for free :wink:

Thanks for the reply.
I checked for the latest version of appium and its 1.14.2
When can we expect 1.15.
I read some code of push file in appium and I tried to use it and it is throwing some exception in mountdevice.
Any help on this

@mykola-mokhnach
Installed appium desktop 1.15.1 still unable to push file to IOS device.
Received response is null after the operation.
Please help me with syntax for push file.

@mykola-mokhnach,@Aleksei was getting error as unexpected response PERMISSION_DENIED when given @bundled_id/Path_to_be_saved and getting null when the path is given only file name.
I checked in git and the same is fixed in #1018 but the same is not added in any release.
When used the IOS default apps bundleid to push file like @com.apple.Keynote/testimage.png
getting Encountered internal error running command: Error: Failed to vend into the application container. Error: InstallationLookupFailed
Can you please check once.

1 Like

@ KazuCocoa any help…!

were you able to figure out pushing files to real iOS device? my tests passes but can’t find the file