Is there an alternative for Opencv4nodejs?

Is there an alternative for opencv4nodejs ?

I have tried everything to install opencv4nodejs on my Mac machine but it does not seems to be working and fails after 55% build.

So i was just wondering if there is an alternative for it to achieve with Appium?

Appium only works with that module. I was using the following CLI command to successfully build opencv4nodejs on macOS 11.4:

OPENCV4NODEJS_AUTOBUILD_FLAGS=-DBUILD_opencv_text=OFF npm i -g opencv4nodejs

@mykola-mokhnach: I tried the command mentioned above on my macOS 11.4, but getting below mentioned error:

gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: make failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:375:28)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:277:12)
gyp ERR! System Darwin 20.5.0
gyp ERR! command “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js” “rebuild” “–jobs” “max”
gyp ERR! cwd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/opencv4nodejs
gyp ERR! node -v v14.17.1
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok

@mykola-mokhnach: I tried uninstalling Node and installing the latest version, also installed appium 1.21.0.

After this i tried running your command and opencv4nodejs installed successfully without any errors but still when i am trying to run my Appium tests i get below mentioned error.

"org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: ‘opencv4nodejs’ module is required to use OpenCV features. Please install it first (‘npm i -g opencv4nodejs’) and restart Appium. "

So i tried to link the opencv4nodejs module to appium by going to the appium folder path under node_modules and running below mentioned command:

npm ls -g opencv4nodejs --depth=0 && npm link opencv4nodejs

but still getting same error while running the tests.

i have installed appium and opencv4nodejs globally using -g option. Could this be a module linking issue?

I think it might not work if you use Appium Desktop, - only with the one installed from NPM

I am using appium cli not appium desktop.

Check the documentation on Node modules resolution. Perhaps, it is just necessary to either link opencv4nodejs to a proper folder or add its root folder to NODE_PATH environment variable

Got it resolved by switching the node version to 14. Thanks for help.

What was the previous Node version?

The earlier version was Node 16

@smrtyviks
please advise me how you resolve it >> i also made my node 14 but i have the same issue