Issue with connecting appium to winappdriver

hello,

I’m currently facing an issue with my software setup and I could really use your assistance in resolving it.

Around a month ago, I decided to upgrade my Appium version to 2.0.0, while concurrently using WinAppDriver version 1.2.1. Following this upgrade, I encountered an unexpected problem – my program ceased to run.

In an effort to address this, I decided to revert back to my previous Appium version, specifically 1.22.3. Unfortunately, the integration between Appium and WinAppDriver continued to malfunction.

During my attempts to run tests, I encountered the following error message:

OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: ‘An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: WinAppDriver server is not listening within 10000ms timeout. Make sure it could be started manually’
This exception was originally thrown at this call stack:
[External Code]
ClientTeamAutomation.MyTests.SetupScreenTest() in MyTests.cs

I tried manually initiating the WinAppDriver and then running the program. However, I found myself trapped in a perpetual loop, with the following error repeatedly surfacing:

GET /wd/hub/status HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:4723
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

I am sincerely reaching out to seek your guidance and assistance in overcoming this situation. Everything was functioning smoothly prior to the Appium version upgrade.

1 Like

Appium 2 changed ‘/wd/hub’ urls to simply ‘/’. It’s possible that your old code (or dependent libraries) simply uses the ‘/wd/hub’ urls and you are stuck with it. In that case, recommend you start Appium as such:

appium server -pa /wd/hub