Jar files required to run the appium using selenium

Hi all,

As I am new to the appium, can I know the list of jar files required to add to run my automation script for iOS using appium.

You need this lib only http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/io.appium/java-client/3.4.1

ok apart from this we need selenium standalone also right and thats it?

No, Appium Java client contains selenium libs.
You can see it here

ok thanks… So how can I inspect the element in appium inspector on mac… I am getting error on that and is there anyother way to inspect the element for iOS device on mac?

Which error? Can you send logs?

screenshot link for error: http://screencast.com/t/5BT1Jq4aCob0

I meant server logs.

Your question doesn’t specify whether you’re using some dependency management system, so I’m assuming you’ll probably be going out to download JAR files manually and then adding them to your classpath during compilation and runtime.

My advice is… don’t do this. You’ll be entering Jar dependency hell immediately, because Appium’s java-client package itself depends on other Jar libraries. I recommend learning how to use Gradle or Maven to specify the dependency on Appium for your project. The dependencies will then be completely managed by Maven or Gradle rather than being done completely by hand.

1 Like

@Degard,

This is the server logs

info: [debug] [INST] 2016-04-19 19:09:46 +0000 Debug: Got new command 5 from instruments: au.mainApp().getTreeForXML()

info: [debug] [INST] 2016-04-19 19:09:46 +0000 Debug: evaluating au.mainApp().getTreeForXML()

info: [debug] [INST] 2016-04-19 19:09:47 +0000 Debug: evaluation finished

info: [debug] [INST] 2016-04-19 19:09:47 +0000 Debug: responding with:":true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/0",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[{“UIAImage”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/0/0",“x”:-36.056338028168994,“y”:-64,“width”:392.11267605633793,“height”:696},">":[]}}]}},{“UIAWindow”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/1",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[]}},{“UIAWindow”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/2",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[]}},{“UIAWindow”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/3",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[]}},{“UIAWindow”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/4",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[{“UIAStatusBar”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/4/0",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:20},">":[{“UIAElement”:{"@":{“name”:“Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top”,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:“Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top”,“path”:"/0/4/0/0",“x”:6,“y”:0,“width”:38,“height”:20},">":[]}},{“UIAElement”:{"@":{“name”:“3 of 3 Wi-Fi bars”,“label”:“3 of 3 Wi-Fi bars”,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:“Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top”,“path”:"/0/4/0/1",“x”:49,“y”:0,“width”:13,“height”:20},">":[]}},{“UIAElement”:{"@":{“name”:“12:39 AM”,“label”:“12:39 AM”,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:“Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top”,“path”:"/0/4/0/2",“x”:134,“y”:0,“width”:52,“height”:20},">":[]}},{“UIAElement”:{"@":{“name”:“100% battery power”,“label”:“100% battery power”,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:“Swipe down with three fingers to reveal the notification center., Swipe up with three fingers to reveal the control center, Double-tap to scroll to top”,“path”:"/0/4/0/3",“x”:290,“y”:0,“width”:25,“height”:20},">":[]}}]}}]}},{“UIAWindow”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[{“UIAAlert”:{"@":{“name”:"“GENIO” Would Like to Send You Notifications",“label”:"“GENIO” Would Like to Send You Notifications",“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0",“x”:0,“y”:0,“width”:320,“height”:568},">":[{“UIAScrollView”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/0",“x”:25,“y”:196,“width”:270,“height”:132},">":[{“UIAStaticText”:{"@":{“name”:"“GENIO” Would Like to Send You Notifications",“label”:"“GENIO” Would Like to Send You Notifications",“value”:"“GENIO” Would Like to Send You Notifications",“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/0/0",“x”:41,“y”:216,“width”:238,“height”:42.5},">":[]}},{“UIAStaticText”:{"@":{“name”:“Notifications may include alerts, sounds, and icon badges. These can be configured in Settings.”,“label”:"Notifications may include alerts, sounds, and icon badges. These can be con
error: Failed to start an Appium session, err was: Error: App did not have elements

figured in Settings.",“value”:“Notifications may include alerts, sounds, and icon badges. These can be configured in Settings.”,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/0/1",“x”:41,“y”:259.5,“width”:238,“height”:48},">":[]}},{“UIAImage”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/0/2",“x”:292.5,“y”:196,“width”:2.5,“height”:132},">":[]}},{“UIAImage”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:null,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:false,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/0/3",“x”:25,“y”:325.5,“width”:270,“height”:2.5},">":[]}}]}},{“UIACollectionView”:{"@":{“name”:null,“label”:null,“value”:“page 1 of 1”,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/1",“x”:25,“y”:328,“width”:270,“height”:44},">":[{“UIACollectionCell”:{"@":{“name”:“Don’t Allow”,“label”:“Don’t Allow”,“value”:0,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/1/0",“x”:25,“y”:328.5,“width”:135,“height”:44},">":[]}},{“UIACollectionCell”:{"@":{“name”:“OK”,“label”:“OK”,“value”:0,“dom”:null,“enabled”:true,“valid”:true,“visible”:true,“hint”:null,“path”:"/0/5/0/1/1",“x”:160,“y”:328.5,“width”:135,“height”:44},">":[]}}]}}]}}]}}]}}}

Do you see iOS alert in application?
Anyway check this topic

Yes whenever I launch the app for the first time it asks for location sharing popup (It is as per the app design). So how could I handle this

Try run appium server with autoAcceptAlerts=true.
See iOS capabilities