Mobile tap and similar deprecated

Hi all,

I read in more than one place that

execute_script 'mobile: tap', :x => 0.5, :y => 0.5 

and similar (swipe, scroll, …) will be discontinued (maybe they already are in 1.3.4?).

I never seen no problem with this because we have TouchAction.

The problem I just found it that outside ios application TouchAction stops working on some cases (just freezes), and execute_script methods still works on those cases. So if I update appium maybe I wont be able to perform my tests anymore?

Any ideas? Discussion? Is there an alternative? Should the execute_script be kept unless we have a solution that works 100% of the time?

Thx

I still get my driver this way:

driver = Selenium::WebDriver.for(:remote, :desired_capabilities => capabilities, :url => 'http://127.0.0.1:4723/wd/hub')

And from what I can tell the TouchActions only work when I launch this way as TouchActions is an Appium::Driver instance method.

appium = Appium::Driver.new(caps: capabilities)
driver = appium.start_driver

I am in the process of trying to convert but I lost debugging capabilities when I went to the Appium::Driver

I launch with the Appium::Drive also, the problem is that even that way TouchAction does not works outside the app we are testing, while execute_script does work so it should not be deprecated, I think :expressionless:

Any updates on this issue? Is there an alternative to ‘mobile: tap’, which could be used outside ios application?

I am also finding an alternative to mobile: tap
It was working like charm before appium 1.4.16
Now, suddenly after upgrading appium it has stopped working. It says ‘Method has not yet been implemented’
I need to tap at specific location on the basis of x-y co-ordinates. Any better solution?