Multiple iOS devices over WiFi

Hi Ochubey,

Thanks for replying. Basically in my project we need to connect a lightning USB (Storage device) for the application to start(Application will launch without the device also but i cant use any features without connecting it). So USB port we cant use for Appium. For that reason i want a wi-fi solution for it.@ochubey

Can i use this above connector for APPIUM . Its a 2 lightning cable connector.

Thanks
Jitu

Let’s hope Appium would be able to support WiFi debugging too.
But for now - have you considered to use a splitter like this one:

Yes if it is possible. But i need a splitter which
support charge + Sync. I tried but sync was not happening.@ochubey

@ochubey : This splitter is also not working .
Only one sync is happening .

@Georgina_Gonzalez Have you tried iOS over wi-fi???

Yes now we are able to do with Xcode 9 and ios 11

Hey Jitu1888,

So now are you able to run iOS devices through wifi connectivity??
Please confirm, as i am also looking for the same requirement.

Yes i am able to automate over wi-fi using xcode 9 and ios 11 .
And for iOS 10 i will trying.

Can you pls share the setting to automate over wi-fi using xcode 9 and ios 11

Sorry for late reply.I was on leave for 2 weeks.

1.       First install brew on the system

2.       Then install node using brew 

a. Run ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)” on the terminal
b. Ideviceinstaller: brew install ideviceinstaller
c. Carthage: brew install carthage
d. Ios-Deploy: npm install -g ios-deploy
e. Deviceconsole :npm install -g deviceconsole

Configuration of WebDriverAgent:
a. The appium-xcuitest-driver has provisional support for iOS real devices. Not all functionality is currently supported.WebDriverAgent needs to be built with development team and provisioning profile installed on device. The easiest way to do this is to specify them in an xcconfig file, the path to which is passed in to the system using the xcodeConfigFile desired capability
DEVELOPMENT_TEAM =
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Developer

The Team ID is a unique 10-character string generated by Apple that is assigned to your team. You can find your Team ID using your developer account (Sign in to developer.apple.com/account, and click Membership in the sidebar. Your Team ID appears in the Membership Information section under the team name.).
b. Alternatively, the profile can be manually associated with the project (keep in mind that this will have to be done each time the WebDriverAgent is updated):
Open terminal go to node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent (this path is relative to your appium installation).
mkdir -p Resources/WebDriverAgent.bundle
sh ./Scripts/bootstrap.sh –d

Open WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj in Xcode. Select your development team for both the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner targets. This should also auto select Signing Ceritificate.

Note:

1. Please don’t use the WDA which comes with Appium that will not work.
  2. I will share the WDA file.
  3. PLease connect idevice and Xcode over wi-fi.
1 Like
  1. Error Code 208 : Proxy Server is in hang state.
    a. Please kill the proxy server . Mention below the command to kill proxy server
    b. Run ps -ax|grep -i “iproxy”|grep -v grep|awk ‘{print "kill -9 " $1}’|sh on terminal
  2. Error Code 253: Please check iPhone is connected properly with Xcode over wi-fi.
    a. Open XcodeWindowDevices and Simulator
    b. Device name should present under connected list along with network icon and all applications of iPhone should display under INSTALLED APPS.
    c. If network icon is not present then re-connect the device again.
  3. Error Code 65 : Profile Signing issue
    a. Open WDA project on Xcode.
    b. Please sign WebDriverAgentRunner and WebDriverAgentlib with sandisk team id.
    c. If Xcode throws an error on signing WDA , then please change the Product Bundle Identifier which is present under Build settings of WebDriverAgentRunner to com.facebook.WebDriverAgentAppiumTest.
  4. Trust pop up after installing the App:
    a. Please add the actual developer profile of iXpand Base on the device before running the script.

Hi Jitu,

I am working on the same kind of stuff.I want run automation testing on safari browser over wifi because we have multiple devices and USB hub is not a solution.Can you please help me to solve that issue i am facing an issue of WDA is not able to launch the safari browser.

Thanks,

Pranav Shah

Hi Jitu Can you share the WDA file as you have mentioned.

Hi @Pranavindia2007 @sakthy1127

From iOS 11 devices, you can actually debug and automate iOS applications using appium.
All you need is to switch settings in Xcode to connect it with network.
Please check out this youtube video:

I hope it will help!

I’m using xcode 9.4. When I click the “connect via network” checkbox, I’m not seeing the globe icon on the left side. My device and laptop are connected on the same network. Anything to do with system firewall security? Thanks in advance!

Could you please help to send the WDA file to me? I use the WDA file that appium attached, it can’t launch. Thanks

Hi @Jitu1888,
Can you please share WDA file.

Thanks.