Not able to identify Elements inside the Calendar iOS

Hi Guys, I have Scenario where I have to select the date from the calendar. But appium is not able to find the the locators inside the calendar to select the date. I googled a lot but in vain . Please do help me.

try show invisible and disabled options with inspector

You sure it’s not in that UIATableView in the list in the left portion of your screen grab? Sometimes you have to manually drill down through the tree on the left and VS clicking the UI item in the screenshot on the right.

Hi Amedvedev,

Its already checked .

Hi Christopher,
I have manually drilled down through the tree and that is the only element which highlights the calendar.

AFAIK for iOS if there’s a frame within your app that uses an external application on the device then Appium cannot see the data within that frame. I’ve experienced that with my app for PDF viewing, for example. I see my app, the window the PDF is displayed, the scrollbars around the frame. But the data area is a big invisible black hole, I have no way at all of even verifying if a PDF is loaded or not much less validating any of it’s data like a page title.

That happens with custom elements for me too. Two advices:

1. Talk to developers to see how it is built and if there is or not the possibility to built it using native containers.

2. Use TouchAction with percentages to interact with calendar, its blind test, but at least you can interact with it and proceed with your tests

Thanks Telmo, So you mean basically this is a bug in Appium ?? and moreover even while doing UI automation also the element is not being identified. Is there any reason why there is a limit in identifying custom elements/Views?

It is not bug at all. It is just the way the custom views are.

Hi Kirill,

So can’t we identify the elements at all inside the custom view ?

No as i know. That’s would be awesome…

Note that Appium is really just driving Instruments, so if you asked a dev they’d most likely point you to a limitation in Instruments as opposed to Appium.

Not that I know for certain as I haven’t personally tried, but this is probably where a test tool that requires you to inject an inspector into your actual code would work for your calendar. Since it’s injected into the actual app it would theoretically be able to extract much more detail.

Let us know what you find out.

Hi All,
I am facing similar issue in Android. can any one help me to resolve this issues.

I want to select desired date(DD-MM-YYYY) for my automation project.

UI automator entire calendar recognized as on element and unable to get child element details.(Screenshot attached for your reference)

Kindly do the needful.

Hi nmksridhar,

i am facing the same issue. have this problem got resolved for you? Please let me know.

I am facing same issue did you find any solution for it ? Please replay
Thank You.