Original error: 'POST /element' / 'GET /session/bda49419-373f-4ae8-8d8e-1537553bf008/source' cannot be proxied

After the tap by coordinates action used by W3C, I am trying to call the driver again to find the element and that’s when it throws the error.

When I use driver.getpageSource(), it gives me the below error.

“‘GET /session/bda49419-373f-4ae8-8d8e-1537553bf008/source’ cannot be proxied to UiAutomator2 server because the instrumentation process is not running (probably crashed). Check the server log and/or the logcat output for more details”

When I directly call driver.findElement(), it gives me this error.

An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: ‘POST /element’ cannot be proxied to UiAutomator2 server because the instrumentation process is not running (probably crashed). Check the server log and/or the logcat output for more details Build info: version: ‘4.6.0’, revision: ‘79f1c02ae20’

I was trying to automate the app using the Appium and first step was to call the driver.findElements and then I went to tap by coordinates using w3c actions (PointerOptions),and after the above step, I had driver.findElement() and it gave me the above errors.

1 Like

HI, did you find a solution?