Reference project uploaded Appium + Cucumber-jvm (BDD)

Hi All,
Many queries posted on different forums regarding BDD approach with mobile automatiuon testing. Many people refrain to use BDD approach because of there is broad perception like it can only be implemented on ruby. So here i would like to post sample project just for reference, that can help you to implement BDD with Mobile testing.

Please provide your suggestion and feedback.

Thanks,
Priyank Shah

3 Likes

Hello guys,
I have successfully integrated Spring DI framework with cucumber and appium. The advantage of Spring in Test automation.

Spring DI + Cucumber + Appium : https://github.com/priyankshah217/AppiumCucumberTest

Please provide your suggestion and feedback.

Thanks,
Priyank Shah

@Priyank_Shah

Thanks for sharing these projects , I have couple of queries related to it

Q1. Can I maintain single feature file and let it run on both Android and iOS Platforms ?

Q2. How do you manage feature files which is actually a shared document for all stake holders in a project ( Product Manager / BA , developer , tester )
Can you please share any good practices from your project ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vikram

Hi Vikram,
Let me answer your queries,
1.) Basically, there are multiple ways to do this. In single feature file you can provide @tags which isolates android and iOS functionality. You can invoke them using cucumber runner.
Other way, it would be at runtime you can identify OS of your attached devices and run.
2.) In BDD where Project/product stake holder,BA,Dev team and QA are involved in all phases of project development. generally BA should draft all features into feature files, if your team does not have BA then QA can take up this initiative and take sign off from all team members. You can maintain two versions of feature files (1) which drafted by BA (2) another replica of feature files can be used for your testing. So better practice would be everytime you take opted versions of feature files.

Thanks,
Priyank Shah

Hi Priyank,

Thanks a ton for detailed reply.

I will go through your github repo and try to understand more.

In case you have some latest updates ,can you please push to these repos ?

Also I came to know about this nice tool called “hiptest.net” , may you should give it a try as well.

Regards,
Vikram

Hola Priyank_Shah, cuando ejecuto tu proyecto me muestra un error al crear el bean, tienes idea a que se debe?
GRacias