RemoteWebDriver of the given context doesn't implement io.appium.java_client.FindsByAccessibilityId

I am trying to build out a testing platform that uses Serenity, Appium, Maven, Java, and remote testing on SauceLabs using the sample I found here…

I can successfully run tests locally on an iPhone 6 simulator. When I make the changes necessary to point to SauceLabs (pointing to the zipped app directory on their temp storage, setting my ID and key value, stopping my local Appium server, etc…), I see my app get loaded to the splash page via the SauceLabs live view of my test run, but it ends there. There are no errors found on the SauceLabs side, and they claim that they never get the first command (to click the start button). On my Intellij console, I get the following:

“java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The class org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver of the given context doesn’t implement io.appium.java_client.FindsByAccessibilityId nor io.appium.java_client.FindsByFluentSelector. Sorry. It is impossible to find something.”

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joe Hennessey

• Platform (iOS)
  • Appium version = 1.7.1
  • Simulator (remote at SauceLabs)
  • Client langauage = Java
  • OS = MacOS