Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d does not fetch anything

Hi,

I was able to install Appium 1.6 just fine locally on Mac and run the “Scrips/bootstrap.sh -d” command under the webdriveragent folder and everything works just fine. However on my CI tool on Travis when I run that command it just says “Fetching dependencies” and immediately moves to the next line, and doesn’t do anything at all.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue?

@jlipps

Do you have Carthage installed?

Thanks @Blinkk
yeah…when the “brew install carthage” command is run on the Travis CI machine it does a bunch of stuff and then the message that “Warning: carthage-0.18.1 already installed”.
The problem is that the tests were running fine until the first instance that an element needed to be recognized by the xpath…then it fails. So I am thinking maybe the issue is that the bootstrap.sh script did not run.

unless it is related to the code signing around the webdriveragent.xcodeproj file maybe? Not sure what could be the problem with not picking up the element via xpath…maybe it is something around that bootstrap.sh script command…

FYI…the tests are run on a simulator…not a real device.
@Aleksei @afwang @Tree

Here is the error log for anyone who can help:

[debug] [WebDriverAgent] Sim: Dec 10 01:40:36 Traviss-Mac XCTRunner[7358]: Enqueue Failure: UI Testing Failure - Failure fetching attributes for element <XCAccessibilityElement: 0x600000255120> Device element: Error Domain=XCTestManagerErrorDomain Code=13 “Error copying attributes -25202” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error copying attributes -25202} 0 1
[debug] [WebDriverAgent] Sim: Dec 10 01:40:51 Traviss-Mac XCTRunner[7358]: Enqueue Failure: UI Testing Failure - Failure fetching attributes for element <XCAccessibilityElement: 0x600000455480> Device element: Error Domain=XCTestManagerErrorDomain Code=13 “Error copying attributes -25202” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error copying attributes -25202} 0 1
[debug] [WebDriverAgent] Sim: Dec 10 01:41:07 Traviss-Mac XCTRunner[7358]: Enqueue Failure: UI Testing Failure - Failure fetching attributes for element <XCAccessibilityElement: 0x600000455510> Device element: Error Domain=XCTestManagerErrorDomain Code=13 “Error copying attributes -25202” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error copying attributes -25202} 0 1
[debug] [WebDriverAgent] Sim: Dec 10 01:41:22 Traviss-Mac XCTRunner[7358]: Enqueue Failure: UI Testing Failure - Failure fetching attributes for element <XCAccessibilityElement: 0x60000024a1a0> Device element: Error Domain=XCTestManagerErrorDomain Code=13 “Error copying attributes -25202” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error copying attributes -25202} 0 1

FYI…for now I looked it up some and have been able to get around the problem by applying hardcoded wait time. Not idea…but that seems to be the only option until the WebdriverAgent folks come up with a solution in the next release.

Appium guys promised to be fixed soon in wda driver.

@Aleksei any idea when Appium would have a fix for this?
Thanks.

Try latest with no-shrinkwrap key

sorry I don’t get it…can you please elaborate? I am thinking you mean upgrade to appium 1.6.2 ?

He means do this:

npm install -g [email protected] --no-shrinkwrap

However, I don’t think it will fix your issue. After putting the logs I can tell you that your issue is most likely related to this.

@Blinkk Thanks Austin,

Yeah I think I came across those links the past couple of days. The real issue with me is that my tests pass locally on 1.6.0…but they keep failing on Travis (which currently has 1.6.3) because of this problem. I am not sure what to do in the meantime to get the tests to pass…other than introduce wait(.until) times of 60 seconds. Even in that case some tests are failing.
Any ETA for Appium to come up with a fix? I know that ppl are saying they are not sure…but thought I’d try and get an answer from anyone I can :slight_smile: