Scroll in python

Hello,

I am trying to scroll screen down using appium and python. Elements n my app doesn’t have IDs and text, so I’m using xpath with content-desc and indexes. I am searching internet to find answers and non is working properly.

When I have ID of course it works fine but without it it’s really problematic.

When I used something like that:

els = self.driver.find_elements_by_class_name(“android.view.View”)
self.driver.scroll(els[9], els[0])

something is happening and app is scrolled a little bit but it is not the correct place.

For example I have to elements on one screen:

origin_element = self.driver.find_element_by_xpath("//android.widget.FrameLayout"
                                                     "//android.widget.LinearLayout"
                                                     "//android.widget.FrameLayout"
                                                     "//android.webkit.WebView"
                                                     "//android.view.View"
                                                     "//android.widget.ListView"
                                                     "//android.view.View"
                                                     "//android.widget.EditText")

destination_element = self.driver.find_element_by_xpath("//android.widget.FrameLayout"
                                                     "//android.widget.LinearLayout"
                                                     "//android.webkit.WebView"
                                                     "//android.view.View"
                                                     "//android.widget.ListView"
                                                     "//android.view.View"
                                                     "//android.view.View[@content-desc='Communications']")

I am really noob in selenium, appium and python so please notice that :slight_smile:

Can anyone help me with this problem?