SOLVED - Debug Error: App is not installed

I am very new to Appium and trying to get it working with the UICatalog.app.
I am using:
Mac Pro: 10.10.5
Appium: Version 1.4.8 (Draco)
iOS launch
UDID: 9BEC9990-A8E9-4F86-A0C2-4A4C4F34B972
Platform Version: 9.0

I get the following error log:
Any thoughts/comments would be much appreciated.

Launching Appium with command: ‘/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node’ lib/server/main.js --command-timeout “7200” --pre-launch --debug-log-spacing --platform-version “9.0” --platform-name “iOS” --app “/Users/ryan.colborne/Desktop/UICatalog.app” --udid “9BEC9990-A8E9-4F86-A0C2-4A4C4F34B972” --show-ios-log --default-device

info: [debug] Starting Appium in pre-launch mode

info: Pre-launching app
info: *************************************
info: **** NEW SESSION ***
info: [debug] Using local app from command line: /Users/ryan.colborne/Desktop/UICatalog.app

info: [debug] Creating new appium session ec213eea-cb27-40c9-a229-ad5cc81c671e
info: [debug] Removing any remaining instruments sockets
info: [debug] Cleaned up instruments socket /tmp/instruments_sock
info: [debug] Auto-detecting iOS udid…
info: [debug] Not auto-detecting udid, running on sim
info: [debug] Parsed app Info.plist (as binary)
info: [debug] Parsed app Localizable.strings
info: [debug] Getting bundle ID from app
info: [debug] Parsed app Info.plist (as binary)
info: [debug] Creating instruments
info: [debug] Preparing uiauto bootstrap
info: [debug] Dynamic bootstrap dir: /Users/ryan.colborne/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap
info: [debug] Dynamic env: {“nodePath”:"/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node/bin/node",“commandProxyClientPath”:"/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-uiauto/bin/command-proxy-client.js",“instrumentsSock”:"/tmp/instruments_sock",“interKeyDelay”:null,“justLoopInfinitely”:false,“autoAcceptAlerts”:false,“autoDismissAlerts”:false,“sendKeyStrategy”:“grouped”}
info: [debug] Dynamic bootstrap code: // This file is automatically generated. Do not manually modify!

info: [debug] Dynamic bootstrap path: /Users/ryan.colborne/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap/bootstrap-6745615c424bb0c0.js
info: [debug] Reusing dynamic bootstrap: /Users/ryan.colborne/Library/Application Support/appium/bootstrap/bootstrap-6745615c424bb0c0.js
info: [debug] Attempting iOS device log capture via libimobiledevice idevicesyslog

info: [debug] Creating iDevice object with udid 9BEC9990-A8E9-4F86-A0C2-4A4C4F34B972

info: [debug] App is not installed. Will try to install the app.

error: Could not pre-launch appium: Error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c ideviceinstaller -u 9BEC9990-A8E9-4F86-A0C2-4A4C4F34B972 -i /Users/ryan.colborne/Desktop/UICatalog.app

I think you’re missing this in your command:

For example,

--device-name "=iPhone 6s Plus (9.0)"

If you’re using Sim, the ‘=’ is required as a temp fix to an open issue on 1.4.8.

Issue reference:
https://discuss.appium.io/t/could-not-find-a-device-to-launch-due-to-device-string-mutilation/2319/9

Thank you for the quick reply!
I am not sure which file or where to add the command. Can you give me a file name or something as I am using the GUI and unsure how the files are structured for executing the APP.
If it is something I am needing to modify within the app more info would be great too since I am just using a EXAMPLE app and don’t really know how to modify that one either.

Thanks again for the reply alangithubtrader!

You specify in your capabilities before you instantiate the appium driver.

Thanks again for the help. I got on with the developers and it turned out it was mostly to do with the version of node I was using. I was on v4. something and I needed to be on v0.12.7
Since reverting and re-installing it has worked like a champ.