Some elements are not found for iOS 9 device whereas its working fine for iOS 8 device

Hi,

I am working on iOS Native Automation. I have already automated some test scripts using iOS 8.x iPad device. When I tried to run those cases from iOS 9.0.2 device, some elements are not found. It is not displayed in Appium Inspector too. When I run the same script for iOS 8 device, its working fine. Do any one faced this issue? Why some elements are not identified in iOS 9.x device

Details:
Appium - 1.5.2/1.4.13
Xcode - 7.2
Device - iPad 3 iOS 9.0.2

Hello Kirthi,

Are you able to start appium server (node) programmatically and able to execute test scripts on safari browser with Appium 1.5.2, If yes please provide the code for the same.

Thanks in advance.

@prasad : The context is different here, she is asking for iOS 9 element identification and not programatic start.

To start appium programmatically use Appium latest client which has inbuilt service builder to launch and stop.

Hi @Kirthi

@KirthikaChinnaswamy(mk) - You are not able to identify any elements or only some .
If some elements please provide some examples. Be very precise and clear on what you ask .

“When I tried to run those cases from iOS 9.0.2 device, some elements are not found. It is not displayed in Appium Inspector too.”

I dint understand this exactly… Be clear and to the point… So that we could show some light.

Thanks,
SathyaNarayanSIngh

Hello,

This will be there because there are some huge changes in generating DOM objects for IOS 8.X and 9.X. so better not to use XPATH.

If using Real device for inspection of elements and if not to use xpath then whatelse to use.

The element itself will not be displayed in first place , it will be a blank element in the right pane with no attributes at all.

In that case what do you prefer.!