Support for Android N (7.1.1) in Windows version of Appium

Hi,

I am using
Windows machine with OS V7
Android Device Nexus 6P with OS V7.1.1

I tried to run my basic test to launch the APP but getting below error,

info: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:33,“value”:{“message”:“A new session could not be created. (Original error: Command failed: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "C:\Users\Devendran\Downloads\Android_SDK\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 84B7N16411007687 install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk""\nFailed to install C:\Program Files (x86)\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS: Attempt to re-install io.appium.settings without first uninstalling.]\r\n)”,“killed”:false,“code”:1,“signal”:null,“cmd”:“C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "C:\Users\Devendran\Downloads\Android_SDK\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 84B7N16411007687 install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk""”,“origValue”:“Command failed: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "C:\Users\Devendran\Downloads\Android_SDK\platform-tools\adb.exe -s 84B7N16411007687 install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk""\nFailed to install C:\Program Files (x86)\Appium\node_modules\appium\build\settings_apk\settings_apk-debug.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS: Attempt to re-install io.appium.settings without first uninstalling.]\r\n”},“sessionId”:null}

info: ← POST /wd/hub/session 500 12306.255 ms - 1390

Can you please suggest solution for this.

I am also facing the same problem, could someone help

Try below steps,
Delete the Appium settings app in the device
Stop Appium server from desktop and terminal (If you are running)
Relaunch the test.

The above steps helped me in launching the session once again. Try and let me know.