Support for gestures other than Tap is not yet implemented

Hi,
I use appium 1.6.0 and java. When I try to long press on an element, I get an error of:
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Support for gestures other than Tap is not yet implemented. Please contact an Appium dev (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Any idea how to solve this?

Hi shay,

I actually have the same issue :’(

I saw that if I use the Appium TouchAction library, there is the error. But if I use the WebDriver library -> webElement.click() it works.

It helps for the moment, but the problem with this method is that it’s not a real user action. The TouchAction library simulate the tap of a user.

Sor for the moment I have the same issue, hope Appium team will find a solution :slight_smile:

Let’s keep informed of the evolutions !

Thanks for your reply.
I must have a long press action and not just a click.
This is why I cannot really use the WebDriver library.

I’ve tried my test library with appium 1.6 beta 3 and the released 1.6 ver - non of them works …

All my swipe actions fails with the same error

I had this problem, and solved it by providing a duration. If no duration is provided, this error appears.

There is a bug/enhancement for this already.

Even I am facing same issue but even with duration I am still facing issue.
tAction.longPress(element,5).release().perform();

Also Tried with
tAction.tap(element).waitAction(8000).release().perform();

Can you please share the code with duration.

1 Like

Make sure your positions are correct. I was seeing that error message when my positions where incorrect. I was implementing a UISlider slider animation.

@d.iheaka Are you able to swipe from bottom to the top to bring the Wi-Fi control panel? Please send me your code. I am using python client and I am able to swipe from left to right and top to bottom. However, swiping from bottom to the top and right to left does not work. Here is my code that swipes from left to right:
action = TouchAction(self.driver)
action
.press(x=0, y=300)
.waitAction(int(10))
.move_to(x=768, y=300)
.release()
action.perform()
Could you help with what I need to do to swipe from right to left and bottom to top? Window size in my case is {u’width’: 768, u’height’: 1024}
Thanks!

Unfortunately not @kmec, I’ve been able to do the same gestures as the ones you mentioned but still not able to implement from Bottom to the Top I’m afraid.

any progress with this?

Can you please clarify if this is still working for you ?

I’m facing bug https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/7993 with latest versions of Java client and appium server

working fine, refer to TouchAction().perform() - Method has not yet been implemented